PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2

Tygerwoody
07-10-07, 04:13 PM
So is this thing going to release or not? Last i heard it was suspended until they can tone it down to an M rating instead of AO. Rockstar said they were not going to change a thing.

So is this game just DoA? Today is the day the game was suppose to be released. I wonder if the game will reach torrents? I don't normally use torrents at all, but Manhunt 1 was extremely fun. It was gory, yeah, but fun is fun. I want to play it. :o

Anyone know if there is a PC version in the works? From what I hear, its unlikely....

six_storm
07-10-07, 04:27 PM
Sony and Nintendo won't allow it on their systems until the AO rating goes down to M.

Redeemed
07-10-07, 05:19 PM
If I understand the plot of the game correctly- then the game and anybody whom enjoys it is extremely sick and twisted. The game should not be released, and anybody wanting to play the game should be sent to an insane-asylum.

Again, this is all if I'm understanding the plot of the game correctly. If I am not, and I am truthfully in the wrong for my above comments- then I will retract them completely. Otherwise, I stand by them.

Tygerwoody
07-10-07, 05:31 PM
If I understand the plot of the game correctly- then the game and anybody whom enjoys it is extremely sick and twisted. The game should not be released, and anybody wanting to play the game should be sent to an insane-asylum.

Again, this is all if I'm understanding the plot of the game correctly. If I am not, and I am truthfully in the wrong for my above comments- then I will retract them completely. Otherwise, I stand by them.
Maybe I'm missed the memo.

What is the plot of Manhunt 2? In the first one the plot was simple. A guy is being chased by a bunch of crazies in masks. He had to kill them before they killed him. Thats hardly worth being sent to the "insane-asylum". I didn't see anything wrong with the first one. Its definitely a game for adults only. I would never let a kid play it. I'm 23 years old. Nothing I saw in Manhunt 1 was any worse than watching "Freddy Kruger" or "Jason" movies.

I know you are on this big religious kick lately. I'm trying to figure out if your opinions are because of that, or if there is something about the game that I don't know of.

six_storm
07-10-07, 06:56 PM
Manhunt 1 was awesome, I loved how creepy the atmosphere was. And I agree with Tygerwoody, I think once you've seen something like a horror movie, you've seen a lot.

Manhunt 2's plot is about a young doctor who just wakes up in a strange place and his past is haunting him. That's all I know so far. I just wonder what was SO BAD that MH2 couldn't achieve a M rating.

nVidi0t
07-10-07, 07:49 PM
I kinda enjoyed the first one, although it was a forgettable experience. I guess I'll get around to playing Manhunt 2 at some point. The story seems more interesting which is good.

Tygerwoody
07-10-07, 08:17 PM
Manhunt 2's plot is about a young doctor who just wakes up in a strange place and his past is haunting him. That's all I know so far. I just wonder what was SO BAD that MH2 couldn't achieve a M rating.
OMG! YOU MUST BE SICK AND TWISTED TO WANT TO PLAY THAT!!!! SEND SIX_STORMZ TO INSANZ AZYLUM!!!!

Just as I thought. Redeemed and his little religious kick. :lol:

nrdstrm
07-10-07, 08:29 PM

The plot is that you are a doctor or something trying to get out of an insane asylum with people trying to kill you, so instead you kill them...In ...err...Inventive ways I guess...It's really probably no worse than any standard horror movie out there except it will probaby last longer and have more killing... But who can say that it has gone to far when we have movies like the Hostel series playing in theaters across the US? (I only saw the second one, but it was pretty twisted)... I think the main reason for the big flap is that the EU was upset by the killing using a wiimote (stab the wiimote stab a baddie)... At least thats the impression I got from reading several articles...

Tygerwoody
07-10-07, 08:36 PM
I'm still failing to see how this game can get canned, but a movie like "Saw" 1 2 or 3 are allowed to play in the theatres with no resistance.

nVidi0t
07-10-07, 08:50 PM
Yep, BS.

Sazar
07-10-07, 09:47 PM
Think about the Wii version where you are, essentially, chopping and sawing people with extremely realistic motions of the Wii-mote in order to kill, maim, mutilate or simply dismember to dispose of the body, per the information released thus far (check google).

If that alone doesn't deserve an AO rating, I don't know what else you need to do.

Movies are able to get away with it coz you're not sitting there with a saw in your hand (hopefully).

crainger
07-10-07, 09:52 PM
I'm still failing to see how this game can get canned, but a movie like "Saw" 1 2 or 3 are allowed to play in the theatres with no resistance.

I agree. The guys running our countries really need to see that games are becoming for mature, more of an art form as the average age of gamers increase. In Australia the average age of a PC/Console gamer is 30! We really need a R18+ for games and have it enforced as it is for movies.

I also don't get why Sony is blocking AO games. Sure they don't always sell as well. But on the whole I see the PS3 as a console for adults. Both the styling of the unit itself and the interface. But that's another story for another section of the forum. :D

SemperFi
07-10-07, 09:56 PM
You can't buy publicity like this game is receiving. I want to play it now just to see what all the talk/hype is about and I'm sure I'm not alone. If they ban it in the US and UK I'll get it from ebay.

Camp0rz
07-10-07, 09:59 PM
Sony and Nintendo won't allow it on their systems until the AO rating goes down to M.

lame. I'd probably buy a wii if I got to stab people in the face with the wiimote.

Think about the Wii version where you are, essentially, chopping and sawing people with extremely realistic motions of the Wii-mote in order to kill, maim, mutilate or simply dismember to dispose of the body, per the information released thus far (check google).

If that alone doesn't deserve an AO rating, I don't know what else you need to do.

Movies are able to get away with it coz you're not sitting there with a saw in your hand (hopefully).

^^^ exactly why I wanna play it.:captnkill:

SH64
07-10-07, 10:04 PM
You can't buy publicity like this game is receiving. I want to play it now just to see what all the talk/hype is about and I'm sure I'm not alone. If they ban it in the US and UK I'll get it from ebay.
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8251/trudat8vqkw2.jpg

Sazar
07-10-07, 10:11 PM
^^^ exactly why I wanna play it.:captnkill:

Hey, I'm all for it.

But the developer knows the guidelines and they had to know that the content and way it was used was going to cross some boundaries.

At this point, they have no one to blame but themselves.

It's not like the game is universally banned, it's just that the consoles, the sales for which generate the money for Manhunt 2, are not going to carry the game coz of the rating.

:cool:

jAkUp
07-10-07, 11:02 PM
:D

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173894.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;2

Redeemed
07-11-07, 04:08 AM
I did not mean to cause any problem ya'll. Last I had heard, the plot was essentailly mass-murder. I was under the impression that you essentially played a serial killer and you were going around slaughtering innocent civilians. But, according to what you guys are saying- that is very incorrect. As such, I take back all previous comments about this game. ;)

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 07:55 AM
I agree. The guys running our countries really need to see that games are becoming for mature, more of an art form as the average age of gamers increase. In Australia the average age of a PC/Console gamer is 30! We really need a R18+ for games and have it enforced as it is for movies.

I also don't get why Sony is blocking AO games. Sure they don't always sell as well. But on the whole I see the PS3 as a console for adults. Both the styling of the unit itself and the interface. But that's another story for another section of the forum. :D

what would help is if games would not be called games.

Tygerwoody
07-11-07, 08:07 AM
I was under the impression that you essentially played a serial killer and you were going around slaughtering innocent civilians.
Isn't that what every game is? :o

crainger
07-11-07, 08:46 AM
what would help is if games would not be called games.

Yeah that's something I've always though about... But what else do we say after all this time? 'Interactive fun time softwares'? :D

nemecb
07-11-07, 10:34 AM
I have to laugh at the fact that the difference between AO and Mature is exactly one year (have to be 18 vs. 17 to buy) yet it can make such a huge difference because Sony and Nintendo won't let them release it. Frankly, I think it's stupid. This probably isn't my type of game, but I have no problem with other adults playing it (the intended audience, so "think of the children" shouldn't apply here, not that that will stop anyone).

Mr. Hunt
07-11-07, 10:38 AM
I think it would be smart of them to cut some content to get an M for a Wii and PS2 version, then release a PC version that is the uncut version on the internet (through steam or direct2drive or something).

Redeemed
07-11-07, 03:18 PM
Isn't that what every game is? :o

Half Life series you killed aliens, and the marines whom were bent on killing anything that moved at Black Mesa; FEAR you were killing clone super-soldiers under a whacko's command; CoD series you are killing Germans whom were obeying thier whacko commander; Quake4 you are killing an alien species that wants to merely use humans for parts, etc.

No, in most games you aren't slaughtering innocent civilians. ;)