PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem with 8800GTX! (BSOD)

lostlilchild66
07-10-07, 04:44 PM
So I've had this problem for a while, and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. I can play games for days with any issues, the game I play most of the time is World of Warcraft. Anyways, so if I'm playing for a few hours, if I alt-tab to WMP and watch an AVI or MPG, I'll get an NV4_DISP etc BSOD, and my computer reboots (naturally). I tried various diffrent drivers, all to no avail. This happened ever since I got my 7950GX2, and continued happening with my 8800GTX.

I've been hoping for that magical driver release that addresses this issue. Anyone else having a similar problem? Windows XP Sp2 (even did all windows updates -_-)

3DBrad
07-10-07, 05:01 PM
Basically the Nvidia driver is getting mestup because you're playing a game, then watching a video, both which sometimes use the GPU.

I know, CLOSE THE GAME before watching the video. :p

fizix
07-10-07, 06:15 PM
I have the same exact problem. It's just hard remembering not to watch a .wmv after alt-tabbing or something. It's weird because .MOV's seem to work fine for me, no blue screen. Wish they could patch this.

lostlilchild66
07-10-07, 06:19 PM
I have the same exact problem. It's just hard remembering not to watch a .wmv after alt-tabbing or something. It's weird because .MOV's seem to work fine for me, no blue screen. Wish they could patch this.

QFT!

And NOT watching movies while alt-tabbed is definatley not the answer, especially since I never had this problem with previous video cards I owned :headexplode: