PDA

View Full Version : GTS Heatsink Question.

Hellion
07-10-07, 11:09 PM
I hate starting new threads. i almost feel guilty about making this one, but i couldnt find anything on it.

My heatsink when i got my EVGA 8800 GTS 640 Mb. i Instantly took off that crap Thermal paste and put on some good stuffs :P but my problem is this.

It apears that when you re-apply the heatsink there are gaps between all the Ram Chips and there Heatsink locations. (About 1mm apart).

I dont like that at all and it would seem worthless to have the heatsinks on the ram if there not touching so if there are any suggestions to solve the problem, or maybe a link to something usefull. that would be a big help. thanks.

ATOJAR
07-11-07, 12:54 AM
Yeah i noticed a while when i had my stock cooler on that the white thermal padding\grease on the memory chips was pretty thick, when i done my card i left the white thermal paste on the ram chips & only applied AS5 to the cpu die its self, as for a solution to your problem .... you could either buy a after market cooler or hope somebody knows where you could buy some thick thermal pads\grease.

If your thinking of a after market cooler then get this >> http://www.thecoolingshop.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/122/products_id/2570

I put one of these on my card about 2 weeks after i bought it, its one of the best things i have bought, cards clocked at 612MHz clock core, 1458MHz on the shader clock & 1.8GHz on the memory and still only idles at 48c ... max load using ATI tool for 1 hour was 65c, under normal gaming conditions the card usually loads at 57c - 60c.

Hellion
07-11-07, 12:29 PM
HAHA Holy crap that thing is a monster lmao. i Bet it works :P thanks for the help though. if anyone would know where to get those thick thermal grease pad thangs it be a big help too.