PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect dated

Kayden
07-11-07, 12:43 AM
Peter Moore announced that the greatly anticipated sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect, will hit retail shelves for 360 this November.

I was expecting this to hit stores this summer as promised 3 previous times from bioware but they made me wait an additional 8months whats another year for the pc ver when it's cheaper, hey if there going to be cheap and not higher enough people to make there inital release date wtf should I pay full price when it first comes out? hope christmas sucks for you bioware I got other games to buy that I had all ready planned on this winter!

damn and I use to love those guys rpgs.

CaptNKILL
07-11-07, 12:59 AM
Peter Moore announced that the greatly anticipated sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect, will hit retail shelves for 360 this November.

I was expecting this to hit stores this summer as promised 3 previous times from bioware but they made me wait an additional 8months whats another year for the pc ver when it's cheaper, hey if there going to be cheap and not higher enough people to make there inital release date wtf should I pay full price when it first comes out? hope christmas sucks for you bioware I got other games to buy that I had all ready planned on this winter!

damn and I use to love those guys rpgs.
Settle down man. That isn't that far off.

Few companies actually can stick to release dates. Especially in the current market where everything is extremely complex.

crainger
07-11-07, 01:00 AM
Calm down dude. Put away the razors and take one of those Chill Pills.

Edit: That goes for you too CaptN.

Kayden
07-11-07, 01:08 AM
Settle down man. That isn't that far off.

Few companies actually can stick to release dates. Especially in the current market where everything is extremely complex.

I am quite calm believe me I say this with a level head but this whole thing about releasing when itís finished is bs, seriously in any other industry the heads of those departments would be fired and prolly many other below them. They have a fine line between public relations and a business, to keep pushing something back is them ruining their own name, if they want people to give them further credibility they need to do what it takes to make their dead line the first time and not half assing it like ea. If they need to bring in more people or outsource the work they can't do themselves, a game that really suffered was ST Legacy because they did the same damn thing made promises couldn't keep them so many of the features were cut the game sucked really bad and in turn Mad Doc rep isn't worth a hill a beans right now.

I have been playing video games for about 20 years now and in the past 5-8 years this seems to have become common practice for game companies to push a game release date back further and further for one reason or another. If someone promised to do a service for you and it was pushed back for over a year you would go to someone else and gamers aren't like that, for a majority they will just take it when it comes. Well I'm sick of it and someone needs to be held accountable and the only way it will change is if WE start doing something about it. Hell a friend of mine said "I have a wife and 2 kids and I have more things to worry about at Christmas time than spending $500 in games because they wonít release them in the summer so if I have to pirate a few I say let em burn and know what it feels like to be in my position" I may not be quoting him exactly but that was pretty much it and I don't agree with that I say buy the game if youíre gonna play it but since they make me wait they can wait for my cold hard cash that bust my ass for and I think everyone else should do the same and make them realize that there are consequences when you make promises and you don't live up to them.

nrdstrm
07-11-07, 01:21 AM
Do me a favor then...Go play Vanguard...That game was supposed to be released several months before it did...They got financing from Sony, and pushded the release a bit. Then Sony said no more time...So they released...And it is crap...Don't believe me? Try it now (several months after release) and tell me that the "We will release it when it's ready" thing isn't good...

crainger
07-11-07, 01:22 AM
What you do is. Take the money you were gonna spend on said game in summer and put it in the bank. Now wait till said game is released and spend said money on said game. Said family will be happy because you haven't blown said christmas money on said games.

Said crainger.

:D

Ambrose
07-11-07, 01:28 AM
I am quite calm believe me I say this with a level head but this whole thing about releasing when itís finished is bs, seriously in any other industry the heads of those departments would be fired and prolly many other below them. They have a fine line between public relations and a business, to keep pushing something back is them ruining their own name, if they want people to give them further credibility they need to do what it takes to make their dead line the first time and not half assing it like ea. If they need to bring in more people or outsource the work they can't do themselves, a game that really suffered was ST Legacy because they did the same damn thing made promises couldn't keep them so many of the features were cut the game sucked really bad and in turn Mad Doc rep isn't worth a hill a beans right now.

I have been playing video games for about 20 years now and in the past 5-8 years this seems to have become common practice for game companies to push a game release date back further and further for one reason or another. If someone promised to do a service for you and it was pushed back for over a year you would go to someone else and gamers aren't like that, for a majority they will just take it when it comes. Well I'm sick of it and someone needs to be held accountable and the only way it will change is if WE start doing something about it. Hell a friend of mine said "I have a wife and 2 kids and I have more things to worry about at Christmas time than spending $500 in games because they wonít release them in the summer so if I have to pirate a few I say let em burn and know what it feels like to be in my position" I may not be quoting him exactly but that was pretty much it and I don't agree with that I say buy the game if youíre gonna play it but since they make me wait they can wait for my cold hard cash that bust my ass for and I think everyone else should do the same and make them realize that there are consequences when you make promises and you don't live up to them.

Ok, first of all, a game is intellectual property and there is nothing that stipulates that a game's proposed release date be the actual date that they release the game. In fact, you should be thanking the developers for being kind enough to give out an anticipated date of release. From my limited experience with the subject, game development is tough and it can be very difficult to estimate when a game will be finished, depending on the size and scope of a game and how many people are working on it. And for crying out loud, we're talking about a business founded on the creativity/ingenuity of people and their ideas, and ideas take time to develop and refine! You wouldn't rush an artist to create a masterpiece would you? Game development is no different.

I understand being upset. If a company says that their game is coming out at a certain date and they end up missing that date, it can be a huge disappointment (Half-Life 2 anyone?). But the fact of the matter is, this isn't the game developers fault, at least not all of the time. It's easy for you to call them lazy, but you have no idea whether that's actually true or if the real case is that they are hard at work on the game creating/polishing it and trying to get it ready for release meanwhile the publisher is trying to force the company to get the often unfinished product out of the door. If I had to guess, I'd say over 99% of released dates that are missed are due to the unrealistic expectations of publishers and people like you--no offense.

Just give the developers time and money to fully realize their ideas and you will see more often than not what a good, well planned out development cycle can bring to the table. Crysis will hopefully be a good example of this.

CaptNKILL
07-11-07, 01:35 AM
What you do is. Take the money you were gonna spend on said game in summer and put it in the bank. Now wait till said game is released and spend said money on said game. Said family will be happy because you haven't blown said christmas money on said games.

Said crainger.

:D
LMFAO

Best. Post. Ever.

:lol2:

uh... s... said CaptN....

:bleh:

nV`andrew
07-11-07, 01:42 AM
LMFAO

Best. Post. Ever.

:lol2:

uh... s... said CaptN....

:bleh:

LOL

Second Best. Post. Ever.

erm... s.. said.. nevermind i killed it. it was funny for those first two posts though! :D

nutcrackr
07-11-07, 02:39 AM
new video of it looks rather uninspiring, poor video direction if the game truly is good.

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 07:46 AM
don't care how long it takes, i still preffer to wait for PC verison.

crainger
07-11-07, 08:43 AM
don't care how long it takes, i still preffer to wait for PC verison.

Lets hope they do it better than Jade Empire. I don't know how the screwed up Jade Empire after the PC KoTORs were so much better than the xbox. versions

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 08:46 AM
whats wrong with Jade Empire?

crainger
07-11-07, 08:51 AM
whats wrong with Jade Empire?

Nothing with the game itself. I meant with the PC port. It was a little rough round the edges. Although the higher res and better textures do make up for a lot.

Don't get me wrong. Jade Empire is one of my favourite all time games. No one can do an epic story (that make sense) quite like Bioware.

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 01:38 PM
Nothing with the game itself. I meant with the PC port. It was a little rough round the edges. Although the higher res and better textures do make up for a lot.

Don't get me wrong. Jade Empire is one of my favourite all time games. No one can do an epic story (that make sense) quite like Bioware.

i'm not 100% if bioware is responsible for the port. Why is thre Gray Matter logo in the menu?

crainger
07-11-07, 08:57 PM
i'm not 100% if bioware is responsible for the port. Why is thre Gray Matter logo in the menu?

You are probably right. :D Either way I'll always play the PC version over the xbox. If only for the new content and it's easier on the eye.