PDA

View Full Version : New FEAR Expansion : Perseus Mandate

SH64
07-11-07, 11:12 AM
I think i've played FEAR enough already , but if this expansion introduces something so speical then i might be interested.
Sierra Entertainment today announced F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, an all-new stand-alone expansion pack for Windows PC and F.E.A.R. Files, the complete stand-alone expansion pack series, for Xbox 360. Both products are scheduled to ship this fall.
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, the second expansion pack for Windows PC, offers both seasoned gamers and those who have never played the original F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) the ability to jump-in and experience the fright with a brand new team in an all-new experience that presents a different perspective of the events that occur at Armacham. The campaign reveals a parallel story allowing players to take the role of a different F.E.A.R. soldier and battle new enemies that the original team never saw coming.
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=44335&mode=thread&order=0

|MaguS|
07-11-07, 11:21 AM
I still haven't even completed the first expansion...

mullet
07-11-07, 11:25 AM
meh, more rat maze.

nutcrackr
07-11-07, 11:28 AM
I didn't get the expansion yet, the original was fun if not somewhat overrated at times.

Tygerwoody
07-11-07, 11:30 AM
I still haven't completed F.E.A.R itself. It was extremely boring. You basically do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

(hours later)

, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over

jcrox
07-11-07, 11:32 AM
White walls and white lights that are very resource intensive.... doom 3 was too dark but at least there was some color here and there. IMO FEAR is one of the most overrated games ever :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
07-11-07, 11:38 AM
Im so sick of poeple complaing about color scheme... the world is not full of ****ing rainbows. In a dark enviroment there is very few color, in war torn areas or desert areas there is not much color. What is everyone obsessed with color. Halo is too vibrant, the greens are perfect and the water is flawlessly blue...

FEAR had some of the best indoor eviroments in any game, mind you it took place in an office building for the most part. I don't know about yours but my office has white walls... not a ****ing rainbow with a unicorn on it.

Crow_Nest
07-11-07, 11:39 AM
meh, more rat maze.

More alma scare scenes too. (nana2)

Will definitely get this one.

mullet
07-11-07, 11:44 AM
Im so sick of poeple complaing about color scheme... the world is not full of ****ing rainbows. In a dark enviroment there is very few color, in war torn areas or desert areas there is not much color. What is everyone obsessed with color. Halo is too vibrant, the greens are perfect and the water is flawlessly blue...

FEAR had some of the best indoor eviroments in any game, mind you it took place in an office building for the most part. I don't know about yours but my office has white walls... not a ****ing rainbow with a unicorn on it.

:lol2: :rofl :lol2:

jcrox
07-11-07, 11:51 AM

Wasn't expecting a ****ing rainbow with a unicorn on it (forget to take your meds this morning?).... but hour after hour after hour of the same old white walls.... it's just like doom 3.... hour after hour after hour of using a flash light.......get's boring.

Tygerwoody
07-11-07, 12:43 PM
Condemned. Now THATS a great game with an actual story.

F.E.A.R simply consisted of running into a room "oh no, not again. A room full of bad guys... the same bad guys I was just fighting 2 minutes ago. Same outfit. Same everything. I wonder if they will come up behind me again. Oh no, would you look at that, they are behind me. How shocking. I'm very surprised this time. Promise."

This same instance happens 50 billion times throughout FEAR until you finish the game. Sure the graphics are nice. The AI is well done. But come on, the same thing over and over just does not really do it for me. I'd like to see SOME kind of variety.

jcrox
07-11-07, 01:39 PM
Condemned. Now THATS a great game with an actual story.

F.E.A.R simply consisted of running into a room "oh no, not again. A room full of bad guys... the same bad guys I was just fighting 2 minutes ago. Same outfit. Same everything. I wonder if they will come up behind me again. Oh no, would you look at that, they are behind me. How shocking. I'm very surprised this time. Promise."

This same instance happens 50 billion times throughout FEAR until you finish the game. Sure the graphics are nice. The AI is well done. But come on, the same thing over and over just does not really do it for me. I'd like to see SOME kind of variety.

+1

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 01:42 PM
they better fix the G15 HID problem.

jcrox
07-11-07, 01:46 PM
they better fix the G15 HID problem.

Is this the only game that has this problem? I've come close to buying one about 20 times now and have always found something else to get instead... might go get one this weekend.

AngelGraves13
07-11-07, 03:09 PM
I wish they'd just release a new update to use OpenAL so that we can have EAX in Vista without X-Fi and maybe some more bugfixes.

Redeemed
07-11-07, 03:14 PM
I'll be buying this one. :D

jAkUp
07-11-07, 03:18 PM
Awesome!

nekrosoft13
07-11-07, 03:24 PM
Is this the only game that has this problem? I've come close to buying one about 20 times now and have always found something else to get instead... might go get one this weekend.

only one so far

take a look here what i get with G15 plugged in

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1277481&postcount=53

jcrox
07-11-07, 03:25 PM
only one so far

take a look here what i get with G15 plugged in

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1277481&postcount=53

EEEk