PDA

View Full Version : 8800 GTS 1280x1024 on LCD and 1024x768 on TV

zarlaan
07-12-07, 04:16 AM
Hello,

I'm needing some help here guys and gals. I can't for the life of me remember what version of Forceware drivers it was that i used its been qhite some time. But, I used to be able to have my Samsung 970p connected with DVI and running at 1280x1024 resolution as the primary display and my JVC 32'' non-hd TV connected with S-Video at 1024x768.

The TV would basically would basically show a shrinked down version of my wallpaper with a grey border all around it which was perfect since the TV was displaying the proper resolution so that if i was watching a movie it would fit perfectly.

Now, for the life of me i can't seem to get it setup like that anymore i've tried just about every driver and am about to install the last version of Forceware 90 that came out as i read somewhere i that may be the only one without this issue.

After messing around with the settings for a long time i can get the TV to the proper setting but then it shrinks my monitor down to 1024x768 also. Its almost as if its always seeing my TV as the primary monitor even tho its not selected as such.

Any suggestions how i can get the videos to fit proper to the TV and keep the 1280x1024 resolution on my monitor in a dual view? I'm missing about an inch or more in all directions on the TV.

zarlaan
07-12-07, 06:01 AM
Well looks like i'm just ****e out of luck it seems. From what i've gathered around these forums and many others this hasen't worked since driver version 97.92. I don't really have any intentions to go that far back in driver revisions since a lot of game bugs have been fixed since then.

If anybody else has come across anything where you can leave your destkop resolution at 1280x1024 and have it set to dualview for a CRT TV with S-Video at 1024x768 to watch movies please please let me know. Even in the latest Nvidia beta drives you can't even resize the screen to get back that extra inch or so thats cut off the screen.

Hopefully Nvidia is bringing this back in their latest drivers since there is an option to resize your tv screen but when you click on either the +/- button nothing happens.... we'll see.