07-12-07, 04:21 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.47.00.html

Dragunov
07-12-07, 06:13 PM
Changes?

thx

breathemetal
07-12-07, 06:16 PM
* This is a complete, updated release of the NVIDIA nTune. You are not required to install a previous version of this application before installing the latest version.
* nTune 5.05 adds support for GPU temperature monitoring and overclocking on all motherboards.
* On nForce motherboards where specific BIOS support is not available, only basic functionality will be available.
* Products support for advanced motherboard monitoring features:
o nForce 220, nForce 220D, nForce 415 and nForce 420D
o nForce2 and nForce2 400
o nForce2 Ultra and nForce2 Ultra 400
o nForce2 400R and nForce2 Ultra 400Gb
o nForce3 150 and nForce3 PRO 150
o nForce3 250, nForce3 250Gb and nForce3 PRO 250
o nForce4 Pro 2200, nForce4 Ultra, and nForce4 SLI
o nForce 590 SLI, nForce 570 SLI, nForce 570 Ultra, nForce 550
o nForce 680a SLI, nForce 680i SLI/680i SLI LT, nForce 650i SLI/650i Ultra
* Supported operating systems for this release:
o Windows XP (32-bit)
o Windows XP x64 Edition
o Windows Vista (32-bit)
o Windows Vista x64 Edition
* Best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color

Version 5.05.47.00
1. Fixed issue in which screen saver on/off event does not trigger the rule under
Windows Vista.
2. Fixed issue in which the motherboard info "Not reported" string was not localized.
3. Fixed issue in which a GeForce profile could not be loaded on a non-nForce
chipset.
4. Fixed issue in which text on Stress Test sliders was not available on 64-bit OSes.
5. Fixed issue in which system voltages are enabled even though not supported by
SBIOS.

Mr Bigman
07-12-07, 10:04 PM
I don't see anything different with this over the last version.

Still can't get overclock to work.

Mr Bigman
07-13-07, 04:19 PM
If i see one thread where im the last one to comment, im going to blow up and take out every website on the internet. Im tired of this ****. There are numerious threads where im the last to post. This is getting real annoying.

nicepun
07-15-07, 12:06 AM
If i see one thread where im the last one to comment, im going to blow up and take out every website on the internet. Im tired of this ****. There are numerious threads where im the last to post. This is getting real annoying.

Maybe it's time to change your Avatar...LOL J/K. What I like about this new nTune is that it's embeded with the regular nVidia Control panel, meaning, it's not a separate application -- more like one stop shop.

v3rninater
07-24-07, 09:27 PM
Weird, all of a sudden I'm not seeing my CPU and Chipset temps at all in Ntune...wth?

Just a random thing, I even uninstalled old Ntune and installed new Ntune.

LgEnder
07-24-07, 10:24 PM
Weird, all of a sudden I'm not seeing my CPU and Chipset temps at all in Ntune...wth?

Just a random thing, I even uninstalled old Ntune and installed new Ntune.
I had this problem until I left the nTune service left checked as an option during installation. Seems to me it has been made required but not forced. :thumbdwn:

breathemetal
07-24-07, 11:07 PM
I had that as well, but only right after the installation
I rebooted, and it was fixed
I thought it was a bit odd

RejZoR
07-25-07, 02:25 AM
Maybe it's time to change your Avatar...LOL J/K. What I like about this new nTune is that it's embeded with the regular nVidia Control panel, meaning, it's not a separate application -- more like one stop shop.

All the stuff found in nTune used to be in ForceWare drivers by default (temperature monitoring and overclocking). It worked great. But nooooo, they were so freakin smart so they removed it and f**ked up everything.
Overclocking never worked for me after that and so i trashed this junk and never ever installed it. Stupid NVIDIA and their stupid decisions. I even had nForce motherboard and all i got were some basic crap features that i already had in BIOS. Not to mention they offer this piece of crap only in International flavor.
Big fat download with awful translatons. Yey:thumbdwn:

Mr Bigman
07-25-07, 12:02 PM
Face it, Nvidia is going down the tubes. They don't realize it yet but its coming.

Electronic Punk
07-26-07, 03:11 AM
Face it, Nvidia is going down the tubes. They don't realize it yet but its coming.

So we should sell our shares eh?

SLippe
07-26-07, 06:13 AM
Face it, ATI is going down the tubes. They don't realize it yet but its coming.
Fixed. :D

Anywho... I installed this, but it's reading the temperature on my card wrong.

RejZoR
07-26-07, 06:47 PM
At least overclocking is working properly again. Though i hate stupid internationalization yet again. Ever thought how INCREDIBLY annoying is to look for certain functions in a freakin native language when you're working with english only 3D terminology for half of your life? Geez i was looking around the panel like total noob just because it's translated in my native language which was suppose to help me "understand" it. Well mission failed.

If anyone from NVIDIA is reading this, add god damn language selection menu in your freakin apps (ForceWare and nTune). This way you avoid having need for separate english and international versions and you help people like me who hate stupid localizations. If you're cncerned about driver size, start using LZMA compression already for the installer (or just SFX self extractor using LZMA). I mean is it so hard? Well it is for hour or two but it'll pay everything back in a month while decreasing all the work needed to keep up the drivers by 1/3. And pleasing the crowd at the same time. Isn't that what we all want?

Mr Bigman
07-26-07, 09:53 PM
How did you get OCing to stick on reboot? I do it and test it but when i reboot, it defaults itself.

RejZoR
07-27-07, 03:02 AM
Just overclock to desired frequency and click Use (or whatever it is, remember i have stupid localized version). On top toolbar there is Profile option, select it and click Save (save the profile on disk as for example "Overclocked").
Select the most bottom option on the left side tree view (i think it's Adjust custom rules in ENG).
Now on top panel add checkmark in front of "Load profile" and click on blue Profile text in the middle right panel. Select the "Overclocked" profile you saved on disk before. Then on the middle left panel, click on "Start with Windows" (or something like this) and click arrow to move the rule to the right middle panel (the one next to it). Now click Accept. You can uncheck "Baseline" rule in the bottom panel if you want to use overclocked profile all the time without nTune downclocking it when in idle state.
This will cause profile to be applied on every system startup. It's been like this almost forver. I just had problems even applying frequencies (sliders and checks were broked up).
Hope it helps.

Now i'm going to get rid of this ****ty localization even if i have to chop my PC into pieces argh.

EDIT:
Mwahahahaha me roxorz!!!! Stupid localization stripped away. I have teh english nTune weeeee.
I have to write an app for this mhm...

BB88
07-30-07, 10:57 AM
Whenever I load a saved profile, it said the profile is corruped or cannot be read. :thumbdwn:

MonsterMaxx
08-12-07, 07:27 PM
I can't get it to stick at all.

It's a Sony Vaio SZ650 w/ 8400GS and 162.5 drivers, ntune 5.05.47. Running XP.

I go to custom clock frequencies. Make changes, test (it passes) I hit apply and it runs the test again, says it's passed and then sets it back to factory shipped clock.

In Vista, it does't even run the test, just OC's it and goes.
But Vista is buttplugg slow, need to get it working in XP. Maxed OC in Vista is still slower than SP unclocked.

I've even tried going into the coolbits reg key and setting it to 3. No dice.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mr Bigman
08-13-07, 02:59 PM
I was told to dump Ntune cuz it sucks and doesn't work right.

Try Rivatuner or Nvtweaker.