PDA

View Full Version : BF2142 BSOD's

theriverlethe
07-12-07, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure if this is even an Nvidia issue, but the latest 162.22 betas certainly did not resolve it.
Does anyone know the cause of this issue or if anyone has any intention of fixing it?
The funny thing is that Punkbuster works fine without admin privileges now, but the core game is still broken.

RanCorX2
07-13-07, 06:53 AM
do you have a creative x-fi? i get bsod's if i up the sound quality to max, down to creatives rubbish drivers atm. If not then it must be something else.

Wolfhound
07-13-07, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is even an Nvidia issue, but the latest 162.22 betas certainly did not resolve it.
Does anyone know the cause of this issue or if anyone has any intention of fixing it?
The funny thing is that Punkbuster works fine without admin privileges now, but the core game is still broken.

I suppose Vista+Creative X-Fi and Nvidia vid card, fatal combination for BF2142, I have some BSOD about PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES, after debugging them, sometimes is nvklddm driver and other is ct2kaud driver, after some mails to Nvidia, EA and Creative, blaming each other or Microsoft, I get a nice mail from EA, after asking them if they will release a new patch adressing this problems, telling me that "this product is not supported in Windows Vista we kindly ask you for a refund of our product: Battlefield 2142 you can get in contact with us... blah,blah,blah"

Unwinder
07-13-07, 08:37 AM

2142's PunkBuster can cause hardware freezing if you have RivaTuner, ATITool or any other similar hardware tuning tool in memory. Details are available here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=226934

theriverlethe
07-14-07, 12:52 AM
It is not freezing, it is blue-screening.
Anyway, I do have an X-Fi and an 8800GTS. What sound quality settings are stable? I don't feel like blue-screening this installation any more...