PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!

Ambrose
07-13-07, 06:43 PM
Just got my computer today and after I put it together I found that it doesn't turn on.

More specifically the light on the mobo lights up but nothing else happens. The headers for the power and reset button BARELY reach where they need to go and it FU$*#$^ pisses me off. Still, they get there and SHOULD work. But anyway, I tried manually firing up my rig with the switch on the mobo and all that does is light up an ORANGE light next to the other light for the power to the mobo....

I got the 24 pin ATX power connector and the 8 pin 12v power in no problem but there's also a 4 pin connector and I have no clue where that goes nor does it even mention it in the HORRIBLY VAUGE quick install guide.

I have some IDE cables but I don't know where they go. At first I thought they went to the Hard drive but it seems the SATA cables take care of that.

Also its really bothering me that the CPU fan doesn't even spin a little. Could the cpu not be seated right or what?!

PLEASE HELP!

SPECS are as follows:

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775 nForce 680i SLI mobo
Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4 GHz
evga 8800 gtx
Corsair CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W PSU
OCZ Flex XLC 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2800
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HD
LITE-ON 20x DVD+-R DVD burner with LightScribe black SATA model

Ambrose
07-13-07, 06:50 PM
OK I got it to start up. I literally didn't do anything but check the cables....

SO the issue now is that my power/reset button doesn't work. I CAN boot my comp up by manually hitting the power button on the mobo... but obviously i want my power button to work. I am thinking i have the jumpers for the header connectors in the wrong place.

Could someone with this mobo tell me exactly where the IEEE 1394 a connector is???

Ambrose
07-13-07, 08:34 PM
Ok, finally I got everything working. As it turns out, the IEEE 1394a connector is right inbetween one of the dimm slots and the power connector for the fans. It took me forever to find it! Some nvidia mobo designer needs to be slapped and HARD ;)

Anyways, I'm up and running with Windows Vista Ultimate. I'll have some benchies up soon. :cool:

EDIT: Oh snap. I need to edit the specs in my sig ;P

Technoholic
07-13-07, 10:06 PM
Read instruction book? :p

Glad you made it! :captnkill:

SlieTheSecond
07-13-07, 10:18 PM
Ya next time look at your manual.

It list where everything on the motherboard is. Probably would have saved you a headache too.

Saintster
07-13-07, 11:38 PM
i was going to suggest that you overclock that cpu and GPU but after that forget it.