PDA

View Full Version : Im building a cheap pc in my head.

XDanger
07-13-07, 08:54 PM
Not literally, i want to make a great pc for the absolute lowest price possible,
So far ive got a 320 gts, arctic freezer 7 ,e4300, 4gb Kingston Valuram (slow) vista 64 bit oem, a single 300gb hdd,
What motherboard should I buy thats aguillera cheap?

There seems to be a lot of corners that can be cut recently with not too much downside.

DCult
07-14-07, 05:02 AM
Not literally, i want to make a great pc for the absolute lowest price possible,
So far ive got a 320 gts, arctic freezer 7 ,e4300, 4gb Kingston Valuram (slow) vista 64 bit oem, a single 300gb hdd,
What motherboard should I buy thats aguillera cheap?

There seems to be a lot of corners that can be cut recently with not too much downside.

I got an Intel DP35DP board with an E4300 in the office and it's great. Got it for 100 Euros, don't know the price in pounds. Only downside: no ps/2 mouse and keyboard, no physical serial port on the backside and no parallel ports. And no floppy connector, either. Don't know about overclocking, have to check later. Right now I'm pissed at Ferrari with the Stephneygate :p

Madpistol
07-14-07, 09:19 AM
the PS/2 ports are becoming a thing of the past. their USB counterparts are more innovative and more responsive than equivilant PS/2 products. Also, why the heck do you need a serial and parallel port? I haven't used those things in over 5 years now.

XDanger
07-14-07, 02:03 PM
ps2 ports do still have their uses

Anyway, The p5b-mx looks interesting for cheapness, could offer the gts as an upgrade, In my head that is.

Now im really looking deep in the bargain bucket
Foxconn 6627MA-RS2H