PDA

View Full Version : Error in event viewer

Riptide
07-14-07, 10:10 AM
Anyone ever seen this show up in system log? Vista x64 Ultimate. I am using the nvidia 163.11 driver. It seems like I didn't have this issue until I went away from the last official release and into the betas but I'm not 100% sure of the correlation.

http://i15.tinypic.com/541z8g6.jpg

There is no info on that event anywhere that I can find and the log doesn't give me anything at all to try and figure out what is causing it. "The hardware" tells me zip.

Riptide
07-15-07, 06:12 PM
*bump*

Incidentally this turned out to be bad RAM. One of my two matched pairs of OCZ blew up on me this morning out of noowhere. Lost Planet started freaking out (display driver kept hanging up) and immediately after that blue screens started up MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Pulled out the bad RAM and now this error went away as well.

I have the worst luck with RAM of anyone I've ever met.

radekhulan
07-15-07, 07:59 PM
It might be also poor memory controller in AMD CPU. Yes, they are on chip, which is good for low latency, bad they are poorly designed, incompatible and buggy, which makes many people move to stable Intel P965/P35 chipsets / memory controllers..

4GB (4x1GB) of RAM with AMD is (many times) very problematic, while same DDR(2) sticks work happily with Intel board.

Riptide
07-15-07, 10:05 PM
The RAM fried. It's not a compatibility problem. I have no explanation for why it freaked out and just spontaneously died on me.

I took the suspected bad set of DIMMs out. It passed memtest. I took the bad DIMMs and put them in the same slots the known good RAM was in and it failed. Bad RAM.

nekrosoft13
07-16-07, 09:51 AM
It might be also poor memory controller in AMD CPU. Yes, they are on chip, which is good for low latency, bad they are poorly designed, incompatible and buggy, which makes many people move to stable Intel P965/P35 chipsets / memory controllers..

4GB (4x1GB) of RAM with AMD is (many times) very problematic, while same DDR(2) sticks work happily with Intel board.

4 dimms with amd and two boards i had was impossible for me. Tried OCZ, Geil, g. skill. All worked at 333mhz. Simply would not work at 400mhz.

Not a big fan of onboard controller.