I have a 8800gts factory oc by inno3d
A8N-SLI deluxe
AMD 3800+ X2
2Gb ram
EZcool 500w PSU with 34A on 12+
2x80gb sata discs
TV tuner, wireless network card
DVD burner

When I ran 3dmark06 my total score was 37xx, forget what the final score was, my cpu score was around 1400, Anybody got any suggestions why its performing so badly?

MUYA
07-16-07, 07:46 AM
Download all the latest drivers for all components and then, do a fresh install of Windows. Try that maybe you haven't installed your drivers properly or if you had a different system component before, thre are still residual drivers left of the removed component etc. Sometimes it's just better to do a fresh install of Windows when you change components

SlieTheSecond
07-16-07, 09:30 AM
what are your video scores?

Don't expect a blazing high score with that cpu either. I still think it should be higher though. Try a fresh install of the drivers and get rid of the old ones with driver cleaner too.

And make sure your PCI-E is running in 16x mode.

And when you say "EZcool 500w PSU with 34A on 12+" do you mean it has one 12V rail with 34A?
Or does it have 2 or more 12V rails and you combined it?

Madpistol
07-16-07, 10:27 AM
Even with that card, the score should be around 7k at least I would think. As everyone suggested above, clean drivers, install latest drivers, make sure your bios is up-to-date, etc...

Doomtroopa
07-16-07, 06:11 PM
cheers for the quick response guys
I should have said i've done a fresh install of vista, running 158 drivers
The power supply has a 12 volt rail with 34A on it
I will have to try upgrading my bios and see what happens.
If i don't plug the power cable in I get this horrbile high pitched squeal so I know that its plugged in
will try upgrading bios when i get home tonight

Doomtroopa
07-16-07, 06:18 PM
I look through the bios there is no PCI-E setting for speed (ie 16x etc) where abouts would this be so i can check? I used to run a 6600gt in the other pci-e slot and it ran fine, but for the 8800gts i had to put it in the other slot as it won't fit in the top slot, could this cause a problem? do i have to configure the second pci-e slot anywhere?

NoWayDude
07-16-07, 06:49 PM
I look through the bios there is no PCI-E setting for speed (ie 16x etc) where abouts would this be so i can check? I used to run a 6600gt in the other pci-e slot and it ran fine, but for the 8800gts i had to put it in the other slot as it won't fit in the top slot, could this cause a problem? do i have to configure the second pci-e slot anywhere?

You should really have the card on the top slot
On Bios, where it gives the option for Single Card,Auto,etc (my memory is not that good anymore), choose PCI-E and Single card. Try to choose the option for
multi GPU if you have the card on the 2nd PCIE slot, and see if this helps

SlieTheSecond
07-16-07, 06:51 PM
Cpu-z will tell you what speed your pci-e is running.
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php the download is at the left near the top.

Run it, click mainboard tab, under link width it will tell you.

While your at it, make sure all the other information is correct.

Doomtroopa
07-17-07, 03:38 AM
Ok i ran CPUz and low and behold my link width is 1X with 16X max supported
anybody know how i go about changing this?

MUYA
07-17-07, 04:20 AM
Ok i ran CPUz and low and behold my link width is 1X with 16X max supported
anybody know how i go about changing this?
16 x should be automatically chosen for you if you have installed all drivers correctly

Maybe you have installed your motherboard drivers or graphics card driver in wrong sequence or something. Uninstall drivers graphics and motherboard and use drivercleaner in safemode to remove them

Then install the latest drivers

I reccomend that you do a fresh install...it doesn't take that long come on and install drivers in this order
a) mobo
b) vid card
c) other drivers ie sound card

Doomtroopa
07-17-07, 04:35 AM
cheers for all your help guys, I had a quick peek in my mobo manual and it says that when runnin in normal mode only the blue pci-e slot is 16x and the black (which i'm using cause the card won't fit in the blue) runs at 1x
so now i'm stuck!
The reason why it doesn't fit is the fan on one of the heat sincs was very noisy so i replaced it with another fan which is in the way of the card if i try and put it in the blue slot, i shall try reinstalling the noisy fan and see if i can get it to fit, if not asus is gettin a rude email

Doomtroopa
07-17-07, 07:30 AM
Ok i swapped it over, gettin 16x now so i'm a happy chappy :D
Thanks again guys, I was startin to think maybe i'd bought a dud

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-17-07, 07:45 AM
so what youre score now ?