PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Core Clock Throttling on 8800. How?

FearMeAll
07-16-07, 08:32 AM
My card never gets above 75 degrees Celcius and every once in a while I notice the card throttles back the clock. I want to disable throttling. I don't have the core overclocked and it runs like this mainly in the lost planet Benchmark and 3dmark. There are no artifacts at all and everything looks great so this is a stupid safety feature I want to remove. I really don't want to go through the card's bios but will do it if I have to. Is there any other tweak software that does this? I went through many cards with no clock throttling and I'd like to keep it that way. Right now my pc runs with a wide open case inside a spacious empty walk in closet. Hell the whole closet is the case really and it stays very cool in the room.

Madpistol
07-16-07, 09:23 AM
If your card does not ever get above 75C, then it isn't throttling. The card is safe up to around 100C. My 8800 GTX gets up around 85C sometimes, and never have I noticed throttling. How have you come to the conclusion that your card is throttling?

And the throttling feature is a safety feature for the card. disabling it could permanently damage your card. Why would you want to do that?