PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake PurePower Express 250W solution.

Pages : [1] 2

Eltigre88
07-17-07, 08:56 AM
For those of us that do not want to buy a new more powerful PSU this is the way to go. I have this running my EVGA 8800GTX and I have already felt the change. When I use to drop back to the desktop from BF2142 my system use to hang for 15 secs. Now it drops right back ready to go. This thing kicks butt!

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153037

BrianG
07-17-07, 11:36 AM
How is the noise level?

licker
07-17-07, 12:42 PM
For those of us that do not want to buy a new more powerful PSU this is the way to go. I have this running my EVGA 8800GTX and I have already felt the change. When I use to drop back to the desktop from BF2142 my system use to hang for 15 secs. Now it drops right back ready to go. This thing kicks butt!

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153037

Think I remember recommending this to you in another thread. Glad to hear it works man mine has been working beautifully ever since I installed it! :D

Eltigre88
07-17-07, 01:00 PM
How is the noise level?

I do not here the fan at all and yes it is turning I checked.

XDanger
07-17-07, 04:24 PM
My Hiper 580w doesnt quite cut it, One of these would be great ,If they sold them over here....
Oh they do , Will it work ok with an antec p180? I suspect not.

walterman
07-17-07, 05:06 PM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Eltigre88
07-17-07, 06:27 PM
My Hiper 580w doesnt quite cut it, One of these would be great ,If they sold them over here....
Oh they do , Will it work ok with an antec p180? I suspect not.

Their are no limitations as far power supplies it can be used with.

It will work with any case that has an open 5 1/2" bay. It will work!

XDanger
07-18-07, 03:14 PM
Nice ,enough for one 2900 HD XTX or whatever is it?

Eltigre88
07-19-07, 03:35 PM
Nice ,enough for one 2900 HD XTX or whatever is it?
MAX watts is 300 And AMPs are 25. I'm thinking it can handle any single card or 2 with only one 6 pin connector. Point being I'm not sure how it would run 2 8800GTX's with a splice for more 6 pin conectors.

nV`andrew
07-19-07, 05:06 PM
yeah you need 2 6-pin connectors for the 2900xt correct?

Eltigre88
07-19-07, 05:31 PM
yeah you need 2 6-pin connectors for the 2900xt correct?

It has two 6 pin connectors which is an issue in crossfire or sli.

Eltigre88
09-13-07, 07:41 PM
www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Power/ToughPower/W0131/w0131.asp

What do you guys think of this one/

daforce
09-13-07, 09:18 PM
If your going for a whole new power supply I wouldnt recommend thermaltake. they are not so good. Like they are "ok"

I would high suggest a silverstone zeus PSU. Very good quality.

john19055
09-13-07, 11:13 PM
I agree I had problems with my Thermaltake Tough Power and all my SlverStone power supplies work great. and the 2900XT takes a 8 pin and a 6 pin express plugs for the overdrive to work right ,but it will work with 2 6 pin express plugs.

Eltigre88
09-14-07, 01:30 PM
If your going for a whole new power supply I wouldnt recommend thermaltake. they are not so good. Like they are "ok"

I would high suggest a silverstone zeus PSU. Very good quality.

Oh ya Sileverstone, what was I thinking? They've been around for 3 years.

I'll stick with Tt who atleast has 8 years of products.

Eltigre88
09-14-07, 06:19 PM
Got the Tt ToughPower 850W.

daforce
09-14-07, 07:32 PM
So 8 years experience in making average powersupplys is better than 3 years of making stellar powersupplys.
Great logic there mate.

Most people here will rate Silverstone far above Thermaltake.

Ahh well. hope it all works out well for ya :)

Eltigre88
09-14-07, 09:38 PM
So 8 years experience in making average powersupplys is better than 3 years of making stellar powersupplys.
Great logic there mate.

Most people here will rate Silverstone far above Thermaltake.

Ahh well. hope it all works out well for ya :)

Thanks, so far so good. Same to you.

Medion
09-14-07, 10:27 PM
Thanks, so far so good. Same to you.

Eltigre - Thermaltake has been an average PSU manufacturer for awhile now. I'm glad that you like them, but you're off base in claiming them superior to Silverstone based on years in the business alone. Hey, PNY has been making video cards longer then EVGA, care to claim them to be better than EVGA? :)

There are quite a few of "A+" brands for PSUs. Silverstone is up there. OCZ, PC P&C, and SeaSonic lead the pack, IMO.

daforce
09-14-07, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the backup medion :)

Eltigre88
09-15-07, 10:49 AM
Says who? I don't just buy stuff on a whim. I research and read reviews before I buy. Give me some links that say Thermaltake is a piece
of _ _ _ _!
Then when I see that, I will be there with you. Also send me some reviews for your brand, Silverstone. You saying that something is the best thing on the planet means nothing to me. I was only looking for opinions is all.

PSYCHODAD
09-15-07, 11:55 AM
Based solely on past experience, I would never purchase another Tt psu for a gaming rig. I've had a couple and found them to be generally inadequate for my needs. Although, to be fair, the newer Tt psu's may have improved somewhat.
Ocz and Silverstone are the preferred choices and have had good luck with those.

Like the Tt cases though.:D

Eltigre88
09-15-07, 03:23 PM
Based solely on past experience, I would never purchase another Tt psu for a gaming rig. I've had a couple and found them to be generally inadequate for my needs. Although, to be fair, the newer Tt psu's may have improved somewhat.
Ocz and Silverstone are the preferred choices and have had good luck with those.

Like the Tt cases though.:D

Ya I have a Tt case and love it. So what is a good test of a PSU to pull out all the stops and make it work?

Well I guess if no one posts that they like Tt PSU's then I guess it is the truth.

Eltigre88
09-15-07, 03:25 PM
Eltigre - Thermaltake has been an average PSU manufacturer for awhile now. I'm glad that you like them, but you're off base in claiming them superior to Silverstone based on years in the business alone. Hey, PNY has been making video cards longer then EVGA, care to claim them to be better than EVGA? :)

There are quite a few of "A+" brands for PSUs. Silverstone is up there. OCZ, PC P&C, and SeaSonic lead the pack, IMO.

I was going by the reviews and of course I am a fan of modular cable setup.

I have to admit it is not as pretty as my Ultra X2 which I know by everyones standards is another dud brand.

Joe Public
09-15-07, 04:36 PM
Oh ya Sileverstone, what was I thinking? They've been around for 3 years.

I'll stick with Tt who atleast has 8 years of products.

How about Seasonic, they've been around for 33 years or so. ;)

Thermaltakes Purepower series gave me nothing but trouble, but they've gone with CWT as manufacturer for their Toughpower series, so they're different beasts alltogether.