PDA

View Full Version : 8800 GTX fan

Orb
07-17-07, 01:51 PM
Hi there,

My GTX reaches max temperatures of about 75C whilst gaming, ( I've a 1-slot PCI exhaust fan installed below it ), I feel a blast of air coming out of the vent in the PCI-expansion bracket for the exhaust fan, but I feel practically no air for the vent of the 8800GTX even when gaming, the metal is pretty hot though. :p

Anything fishy about that? :P

Thanks

Jon
07-17-07, 03:57 PM
I've had a few dual slot design cards now and I've never been able to feel any air coming out of the fan slot at all for any of them. I gave up worrying about it a while back and nothing bad has ever happened. Does make me wonder if the design works though.

ATOJAR
07-17-07, 03:57 PM
A load temp of 75c for a GTX is fine! ..... you could always up the fan speed a little if your not happy!

XFX Support
07-18-07, 12:19 PM
I agree wtih ATOJAR, that load temp is nothing to worry about.

LabShark
07-18-07, 02:17 PM
Yup - same here. Ditto on the temps and the apparent lack of airflow out the vent. No problems though....all is fine.

Madpistol
07-18-07, 09:44 PM
Your temps are indeed fine. Nothing to worry about.

also, put the SIDE of your hand horizontally at the back of the 8800 GTX's cooler. If you're running a graphics intensive game or application, you WILL feel the heat (assuming your house isn't a sweltering 70C).

If you do this right, you will feel the heat coming off your card. It's hard to feel any airflow while the fan is running @ stock speeds though. I guess that's a good thing.