PDA

View Full Version : Water cooled case by Gigabyte

MUYA
07-19-07, 02:44 AM
Looks quite funky :) 2 in one!!!

http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooling/444/

Performance is not bad...but a little loud ....fans and pump

Still I know Zalman is coming out with one soon too!

Sazar
07-19-07, 03:27 AM
Well I am looking @ the P-190 as my next case purchase buddy :)

Might just stick a radiator at the top and go that route :D

MUYA
07-19-07, 03:31 AM
I am looking for a new case....my Lian Li V-1000 is getting long on the tooth.

I might get a Comos...or this...teh Zalman would be too expensive

SLippe
07-19-07, 08:38 PM
I kind of like it. I think for someone starting out in the watercooling world, it'd be a good choice. I think the price is fair too. If I didn't have the case I have now, I'd probably consider it. Good review.

MUYA
07-19-07, 09:58 PM
One review said that the thermal performance (cooling) would be better if the radiator was dual 120 CM not a single. I tend to agree. I wonder if you could mod to have double pass into another 120 CM radiator from the one that exists

nekrosoft13
07-19-07, 10:35 PM
looks nice

breathemetal
07-19-07, 10:46 PM
It does look nice, but if i ever went the liquid route I would rather do it myself with higher end components.

Redeemed
07-19-07, 10:54 PM
One review said that the thermal performance (cooling) would be better if the radiator was dual 120 CM not a single. I tend to agree. I wonder if you could mod to have double pass into another 120 CM radiator from the one that exists

Um, there are two 120MM fans attached to the rad. It even showed it in one of the pics.

Looks mighty interesting... and tempting...

SLippe
07-19-07, 11:03 PM
Um, there are two 120MM fans attached to the rad. It even showed it in one of the pics.

What he said. ^ ;)

MUYA
07-19-07, 11:12 PM

What i mean bud is, having 2 120Cm radiators. That case has only 1 :)

Redeemed
07-19-07, 11:14 PM
What i mean bud is, having 2 120Cm radiators. That case has only 1 :)

Ahh, gotcha'. I do agree there, that would help immensly I'd imagine. I'm sure, if you are the adventurous type, one could be added.

MUYA
07-19-07, 11:15 PM
Ahh, gotcha'. I do agree there, that would help immensly I'd imagine. I'm sure, if you are the adventurous type, one could be added.
I wonder how much teh pump would be affected by an addtion of another radiator...hmm

nV`andrew
07-19-07, 11:48 PM
I wonder how much teh pump would be affected by an addtion of another radiator...hmm
it would:
:headexplode:
not rly but maybe

PaiN
07-20-07, 12:06 AM
Its nothing special imo....the case looks ok but cooling (with a CPU only in the loop) is ~ average and its loud to obnoxiously loud to boot... :thumbdwn:

Redeemed
07-20-07, 12:24 AM
Its nothing special imo....the case looks ok but cooling (with a CPU only in the loop) is ~ average and its loud to obnoxiously loud to boot... :thumbdwn:

You would know how?

PaiN
07-20-07, 01:53 AM
You would know how?

yea...I know this might be hard for you to figure out and fully comperhend....
but get this, I read the entire Guru3D review and looked at all the pretty pics and charts

MUYA
07-20-07, 02:02 AM
The pump and fans are supposed to be loud. But that is subjective to an individual

Redeemed
07-20-07, 02:03 AM
yea...I know this might be hard for you to figure out and fully comperhend....
but get this, I read the entire Guru3D review and looked at all the pretty pics and charts

I didn't see anyplace where they specifically said that WC unit itself was loud as all get out. As for the fans, those can be replaced so I still fail to see how that would be a deterrant for buying this case. At the price it's going for it is hard to beat.

PaiN
07-20-07, 02:12 AM
I didn't see anyplace where they specifically said that WC unit itself was loud as all get out. As for the fans, those can be replaced so I still fail to see how that would be a deterrant for buying this case. At the price it's going for it is hard to beat.
At what price??...those Guru3D $135 links were a mistake and mis-linked to a non WC Gigabyte case...
anyway Redeemed, get off my back.....I said it was my opinion of the case and system. If its not the same as yours too damn bad.

Redeemed
07-20-07, 02:21 AM
At what price??...those Guru3D $135 links were a mistake and mis-linked to a non WC Gigabyte case...
anyway Redeemed, get off my back.....I said it was my opinion of the case and system. If its not the same as yours too damn bad.

PaiN- why are you getting so upset? No where have I insulted you, and no where have I stated you opinion was invalid. Why are you getting so defensive?

I do stand corrected on that price, I was not aware that it was not the correct price. Everything else I've said so far is accurate. Too loud? By quiter fans. Regardless, you have to also consider the other components in the rig when it comes to noise: Optical drives, hard drives, fans on GPU (unless it is WC as well), fan on NB (unless it is WC as well), etc. I just don't see the accuracy in downing the case soley based on it's "noise". That can easily be resolved for not much more $$$. Since it is WC, airflow is not as critical unless you have air-cooled video cards in the rig.

I did not mean to offend you, nor did I mean to rile you up. I apologise if anything I've said did get you wound up. I just don't see where I'm downing your opinion. I'm merely stating a fact that the noise can easily be toned down for not much more money. How is that attacking you?

Rakeesh
07-20-07, 03:26 AM
I like the case I have right now. Probably spent about $50 for the case, PSU, and the fans I put in it. It's pretty quiet, light weight aluminum, and it only has two 120mm fans, which you'd need with a water cooling setup anyways.

Personally I think water cooling is a bit pointless unless you are using it with your GPU as well as your CPU.