PDA

View Full Version : Zalman CNPS9500

nV`andrew
07-21-07, 10:03 PM
Was wondering how well it works with core 2 duo's. I plan on OC'ing my e6750 (when i get it). I looked at the thermalright ultra 120 extreme, but i am kind of worried about getting that because i know it would be a really tight fit and i dont want to have to modify it just to install.
I have an Antec P-160WF
20.3"(H) x 19.7"(D) x 8.1"(W) are the dimensions

So is the zalman good? If not, please recommend something else, hopefully not more expensive ($53 on newegg)

breathemetal
07-21-07, 10:16 PM
I have the same one

i keep my e6600 oc'd at 3.2 @ stock voltages and it stays around 22c
but i have a lot of good airflow in my case as well, so it helps quite a bit

CaptNKILL
07-21-07, 10:17 PM
I think most people will recommend that cooler as one of the best complete coolers you can buy (ie, you get the fan and the heatsink all in one box).

Other bigger coolers will outperform it but for the price and convenience its probably pretty damn good. And it looks cool. :D

grey_1
07-21-07, 10:19 PM
Another vote for it here. then again I haven't tried any of the newer ones since this came out.

nV`andrew
07-21-07, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. I would love to get the thermalright, but i doubt it would be 100% effective because my case isnt a giant, he is still growing, hes only a year and a half old :p
Sounds like a good deal. I will be modding my case while im re-building so I'll try to get a fan at the top and hopefully something on the side. that will be 4x120mm fans and the room the PC is in is tiled so even though it gets hot out here, its not in a warm carpeted room.

EDIT: hopefully i will be able to keep up with your overclock when we get our e6750's captn! ;)