PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with wireless router

K-1
07-22-07, 03:00 PM
Recently I had been having problems with my net disconnecting momentarily during online games, so I upgraded my router's firmware. After upgrading, all my settings were reset as expected, but now I cannot get the wireless to work at all. WAN still works just fine, but none of my WiFi stuff can see an access point anymore, even when sitting right next to the router. When I check the traffic statistics though, I can see that the wireless is transmitting packets, but not receiving them.

Can anyone give advice on what I should check? I've tried resetting the router, power cycling the router and modem, but beyond that I'm not sure what else to check (router was a gift, and the gifter also came and set it up for me). Router is a DI-614+ Rev. B.

Ancient
07-22-07, 08:17 PM
Did you check the security settings on the router to make sure they didn't change?

K-1
07-22-07, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I've reset the SSID and the WEP encryption back to the way they were, and I've enable SSID broadcasting, so I would think I'd be able to at least see an access point, but no dice.