PDA

View Full Version : Custom resolution support ! Please god, muhammad, Johova, Budda, Atheros ! ANYONE !

turdhat
07-24-07, 06:23 PM
Why oh why. Yes I am venting because I want the damn taskbars, health bars, icons and crap not to be running off of the edge of the screen on my 50" pimp daddy dlp ! Is it too much to ask ? Yes, I can use xp but NO DX 10 ! Nvidia needs to get heads out of arse and address this bulls^&T. They are very lucky the Radeon 2900's are junk because two of them would be in my rig right now with the 8800 sold on ebay so damn fast.

End of rant.

maxpaynez
07-24-07, 08:12 PM
banned

SH64
07-24-07, 09:16 PM
LMFAO@ thread title :lol:

turdhat
07-24-07, 09:30 PM
If I get banned over that then this place isnt worth my time. I have more faith in the mods than that.

Ancient
07-25-07, 08:18 AM
All you have to do is edit the nv_disp.inf file to add the resolution you want if you're looking for 1:1 pixel mapping. (We've discussed it before in this forum.) The 16x.xx Vista drivers also all support Resize HDTV Desktop as well, though it scales the desktop. Surely you can live with one of those two solutions until NVIDIA enables custom resolutions in the Vista drivers (assuming they do that).

turdhat
07-25-07, 10:19 AM
All you have to do is edit the nv_disp.inf file to add the resolution you want if you're looking for 1:1 pixel mapping. (We've discussed it before in this forum.) The 16x.xx Vista drivers also all support Resize HDTV Desktop as well, though it scales the desktop. Surely you can live with one of those two solutions until NVIDIA enables custom resolutions in the Vista drivers (assuming they do that).

I know about the edit and that is what I am doing however the res that I need causes a scrambled display because I need custom timing support. I have a res working but it overscans a tad bit...

Ancient
07-25-07, 10:30 AM
I know about the edit and that is what I am doing however the res that I need causes a scrambled display because I need custom timing support. I have a res working but it overscans a tad bit...
If you need to designate a custom refresh rate in the INF, the following NVIDIA document describes how to do that:

http://http.download.nvidia.com/Windows/43.45/NV_Compress_Modes_Users_Guide_2.1.pdf

Shocky
07-25-07, 10:31 AM
Custom resolution options in XP don't even work, maybe they should fix that first before adding broken support to another OS.

nekrosoft13
07-25-07, 11:09 AM
Custom resolution support ! Please god, muhammad, Johova, Budda, Atheros ! ANYONE !

you forgot Zeus

theriverlethe
07-27-07, 11:24 AM
Who is "Atheros?" I'm guessing it's spelled wrong, since all the others are.

nIghtorius
07-28-07, 08:19 AM
Who is "Atheros?" I'm guessing it's spelled wrong, since all the others are.

All that I know is that "Atheros" manifactures Wireless chips. :afro:
http://www.atheros.com/

TierMann
07-28-07, 11:28 AM
"Buddha! Zeus! God! Somebody help me! ... Satan! You owe me!"
--Prof. Farnsworth

I too would like some custom timings so my eyes dont look like hypnotoad over there.

SH0DAN
07-30-07, 07:29 PM
1:1 pixel mapping ftw :D

But I'd like to see this feature back as well!

Damn straight !! And without having to edit XML files and jump through hoops to get it done !!! :thumbdwn: :p