PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you get cheats to work with COD2?

loafer87gt
07-25-07, 07:01 PM
I am trying to adjust the lod_bias to get rid of the annoying scenery popping, but the console keeps tell me that "this command is cheat mode protected". I have done the "developer 1" console command, as well as tried typing in "thereisacow 1337", but I still keep getting the same dangg message. I got it to work once on a new game, and everything looked great, but now I can't seem to get the command to work any longer.

Bman212121
07-26-07, 07:22 AM
Did you remember to use the / in front of your commands? You probably need to type /developer 1 for that to change properly.

loafer87gt
07-26-07, 09:46 AM
I am pretty sure the "/" is only used for multiplayer. I did get it working again last night. For some reason I had to use "developer 2" at the start menu, start a new game, and then load my old file. After this, I can max out the LOD settings and get around the annoying scenery popping issue. The game still looks pretty good for its age.

Bman212121
07-26-07, 09:48 AM
Yea, it is very possible that is what it is for. I know that the commands don't work right without it, but I don't ever play SP either. I might have to try that cheat out though. ;)