PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty boys, I need some input

Kerrysucks
07-25-07, 10:18 PM
After over 3 years of ATI cards dominating my slots, I've gone over to the Green Team. I grabbed a 8800 GTX off of Butter Bandit here on Nvnews but I won't be able to use it until at least Tuesday.

I wanted to buy a 2900 XT but I just couldn't bring myself to sacrifice all of the AA. Tbh, this card will only stay in my system until Crysis is released but I didn't feel like a complete overhaul of my rig until the aforementioned title is on the market was justified.

But, to all of you Nvidia guys, what is my best bet for Windows XP and, though I know that this will change between now and Bioshock's release, Vista's drivers in regards to a 8800 GTX?

PaiN
07-25-07, 11:32 PM
nV was involved in the developement of Bioshock....I wouldn't be surprised to see an optimized driver sometime in August just before the game's release

Mr Bigman
07-27-07, 10:42 PM
How does a graphics chip maker get to be involved in video games?

SLippe
07-27-07, 10:48 PM
After over 3 years of ATI cards dominating my slots, I've gone over to the Green Team. I grabbed a 8800 GTX off of Butter Bandit here on Nvnews but I won't be able to use it until at least Tuesday.

I wanted to buy a 2900 XT but I just couldn't bring myself to sacrifice all of the AA. Tbh, this card will only stay in my system until Crysis is released but I didn't feel like a complete overhaul of my rig until the aforementioned title is on the market was justified.

But, to all of you Nvidia guys, what is my best bet for Windows XP and, though I know that this will change between now and Bioshock's release, Vista's drivers in regards to a 8800 GTX?
For XP try the 162.18 set, as for Vista...check out the Vista Drivers section. Welcome to the "Green Team". :D