PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Will Ship this year. Q&A. HD trailer

Pages : [1] 2

SlieTheSecond
07-26-07, 01:24 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6175656&mode=recent

GS: Where's the game at currently in development? Will Crysis ship this year? Can you get any more specific than that?

CY: Yes, we will ship this year. In fact, we will announce the ship date very, very soon.

EDIT: The trailer is pretty sweet.

Eliminator
07-26-07, 01:26 PM
yay more interviews, pics, trailers, hype, etc...

jcrox
07-26-07, 01:35 PM
yay more interviews, pics, trailers, hype, etc...

+1

but if Cevat says it will ship this year, I'll believe him.

Sazar
07-26-07, 01:53 PM
Am I the only one who is less and less impressed with the actual game-play videos the more they are released?

Sure, it looks great but it's an incremental improvement over Far Cry honestly, with some physics implementations.

Looks FAR better in the tech demo's but actual game-play is less so.

And whatever happened to the highly-touted "moving vegetation" thinger? All the game-play videos show similar vegetation to Far-Cry. Am I missing the whole moving leafs thing or something?

BioHazZarD
07-26-07, 02:15 PM
I dunno until i play a demo its hard to tell.

JasonPC
07-26-07, 02:46 PM
Some vegetation does move, but apparently not all.

jcrox
07-26-07, 02:49 PM
Am I the only one who is less and less impressed with the actual game-play videos the more they are released?

Sure, it looks great but it's an incremental improvement over Far Cry honestly, with some physics implementations.

And whatever happened to the highly-touted "moving vegetation" thinger? All the game-play videos show similar vegetation to Far-Cry. Am I missing the whole moving leafs thing or something?

If you look over in the "Crysis Delayed" thread, Doc_INCrysis noted that most of the game we've seen so far is DX9.

Sazar
07-26-07, 02:55 PM
If you look over in the "Crysis Delayed" thread, Doc_INCrysis noted that most of the game we've seen so far is DX9.

Are you implying that the physics involving the moving vegetation is DX10?

Also, note that I am not suggesting the visuals are bad, simply that they are incrementally better than Far Cry and looked far better in the tech demo's. Whether it is DX9 or 10 should not make a massive difference in general visuals. It should primarily affect shadows, some lighting and particle effects as far as Crysis goes (from the information released by Crytek).

JasonPC
07-26-07, 03:34 PM
From what I have seen from the DX9 vs DX10 videos, this is what the DX10 version will feature

-Particle physics (smoke will respond more realistically in a variety of circumstances)
-Soft particles (harder to notice the intersection between smoke and the ground or other objects)
-"God rays" / volumetric lighting

Maybe some improved shaders in some areas, but those three are the most noticeable so far. The moving foilage has been featured even before Crytek announced Crysis would support DX10. It look like to me only vegetation with large leaves (palm trees, etc) move.

rudedog
07-26-07, 04:19 PM
This is interesting:

GS: What sort of hardware was the E3 demo running on? How's the battle to optimize the game going? Are you still sticking with the general rule that Crysis will run on two-year old hardware, albeit at lower visual settings?

CY: At E3, we were running on a [GeForce] 8800 video card and a dual-core Intel [CPU]with 4 gigabytes of RAM at very high settings. Not the highest, though! Most of the time, it was running smoothly.

Yes, we [are] progressing very well on optimization, and we will achieve our goal. Two-to-three-year-old rigs will run Crysis well, with lower visual settings still competing with the best games of two-to-three years ago.

FastRedPonyCar
07-26-07, 04:38 PM
eh, in a lot of games the vegetation stops moving when you move and begins moving again when you stop. <_<

AngelGraves13
07-26-07, 04:42 PM
The tech demos were probably running with everything cranked up to the highest settings, probably prerendered for speed purposes. The in-game demos we've see are running at high settings, but not the highest. We'll have to wait for the 9800 GTX to see it in its full glory...I assume.

Jonelo
07-26-07, 05:35 PM

This is the opinion of some people about the Crysis demo , in the forums " the game have some downsample in the graphics , respect the marketing videos "

FastRedPonyCar
07-26-07, 10:44 PM
The tech demos were probably running with everything cranked up to the highest settings, probably prerendered for speed purposes. The in-game demos we've see are running at high settings, but not the highest. We'll have to wait for the 9800 GTX to see it in its full glory...I assume.

It's possible that it may run it in it's full glory but I recall in an interview them saying tht there are settings in the game that are well beyond any techonlogy that is coming on the near horizon can handle. Like... requiring late NEXT year hardware I imagine!

I realy really REALLY hope that there's some unbelievable DX10 show stopper feature set that we don't know about that mabey some of those real picture vs crytek engine render of the same scene showcase.

Ambrose
07-26-07, 11:53 PM
Can someone please upload the HD version??? :rolleyes:

I love how the Australian guy says "now that's something I'd like to see" right after the montage of explosions.

ahheadlock
07-27-07, 12:57 AM
CY: At E3, we were running on a [GeForce] 8800 video card and a dual-core Intel [CPU]with 4 gigabytes of RAM at very high settings. Not the highest, though! Most of the time, it was running smoothly.

dammit! i got all hopeful when i read that they were running on e6300's with 2gb ram and 8600gt's @ E3. What is said above leaves a lot open to interpretation, but i'm thinking it was a high spec c2d and at least 1 gtx... for not even highest settings, and smooth only 'most of the time' :(

Mr_LoL
07-27-07, 02:54 AM
The only good thing about the later delay is there will be a load of bew components to ramp up Performance. Imagine the G90, Penryn and Crysis all out in the same day :jammin:

nV`andrew
07-27-07, 03:30 AM

im almost getting sick of this game

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-27-07, 03:36 AM
some folks still think septmeber will be the realse of Crysis

but to realese it in November well they are perhaps waiting for the G90 before they realese it but still how much of 8800series problems will follow G90 i mean Nvidia still have some way to go before they have good drivers for 7-8series?

and thus it feels as get the 8800 fixed before the G90 coz 7series and 8series will be forgotten and G90 will get all attention so guess we 8sereis owners will get some serious problem or uppgrading to do

sorry for the OT but i get a bit annoyed that Nvidia is to realse a new card before the one at hand is fixed driver wise

Redeemed
07-27-07, 04:14 AM
dammit! i got all hopeful when i read that they were running on e6300's with 2gb ram and 8600gt's @ E3. What is said above leaves a lot open to interpretation, but i'm thinking it was a high spec c2d and at least 1 gtx... for not even highest settings, and smooth only 'most of the time' :(

Sounds like good news to me. If today's best with a single card (this excludes SLi and CrossFire) can't quite play the game at 100% maximal settings then I'm happy- just so long as my current rig with dual GTSs can play the game at 1680x1050, with most (if not all) in game optinos maxed and a little bit of AA. From what he said, I should be able to do just that while maintaining 45-60fps the majority of the time. I can live with that. :D

delas52
07-27-07, 11:11 AM
Sounds like good news to me. If today's best with a single card (this excludes SLi and CrossFire) can't quite play the game at 100% maximal settings then I'm happy- just so long as my current rig with dual GTSs can play the game at 1680x1050, with most (if not all) in game optinos maxed and a little bit of AA. From what he said, I should be able to do just that while maintaining 45-60fps the majority of the time. I can live with that. :D

Yea, I'd like that with just one GTS, but we'll see.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-27-07, 12:43 PM
iīl probably willl run it well on mixed settings like somethings very high other high and so on

Mr_LoL
07-27-07, 12:46 PM
Why do the enemies arms not bend at the elbow when they die? It looks a bit silly there way they are outstretched tbh.

JasonPC
07-27-07, 01:50 PM
some folks still think septmeber will be the realse of Crysis

but to realese it in November well they are perhaps waiting for the G90 before they realese it but still how much of 8800series problems will follow G90 i mean Nvidia still have some way to go before they have good drivers for 7-8series?

and thus it feels as get the 8800 fixed before the G90 coz 7series and 8series will be forgotten and G90 will get all attention so guess we 8sereis owners will get some serious problem or uppgrading to do

sorry for the OT but i get a bit annoyed that Nvidia is to realse a new card before the one at hand is fixed driver wise

I totally agree. The driver situation is still not 100% great for the GeForce 8s. And now they'll have the 9s to deal with. They really do need to settle their driver issues rather than just make more. Hopefully by November they will settle most of the issues, but I have my doubts.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-27-07, 02:08 PM
as of 8800cards we wonīt see the near perfect driver since games require different things and Nvidia can not possibly know what this and that game will future but sure we wonīt get a"good" driver set well who knows maybe they learnt something from 8sereis and they might get the 9series right who knows but iīm thinking HD2900XT actually donīt know if it will get any better but it is said it can outperform the 8800GTS640 easy ..hrrm as ATI gets better drivers for it so no matter Nvidia or ATI same **** no good driver set for any of these DX10 cards well thatīs that