PDA

View Full Version : This is really Bugging ME

Mr Bigman
07-26-07, 11:55 PM
Ive done pretty much all i can do to get this to work but i can't the damn Control Panal to open in the latest Forceware drivers.

Every driver after 90' series won't open up CPL.

What strange is if Ntune is installed, the only things that come up is the GPU and Motherboard Ocing, and the performance tweaker and i think a profile manager for Ntune but no options for TV Video, SLi or nothing related to fine tuning the GPU.

I do run SLI. And like i mentioned i another post, is when installing drivers, the drivers install fine but when the second card is detected or installed, i get some weird horizontal lines all over. I did my homework and checked if there was failing in the second GPU, No cuz i tested the cards singly and games that use SLI work great iand i do see the graph for SLI working.

Something is very strange about this CPL thingy. Whats weird is Ntune forces cpl to open but no display settings just what comes with Ntune by itself.

I use 2 7800's in this setup to with XP Pro X16 Nforce 4 with 6.86 drivers installed.

anonova
07-27-07, 05:59 PM
I also cannot open the control panel when I installed 162.18. I have a similar setup: XP Home, nForce4 motherboard, and 2 x 6600 GT in SLi.

This person also states that the control panel does not open (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2355302#post2355302). His or her hardware is similar as well: ASUS P5N32 (an nForce4 motherboard) and 2 x 7800 GTX in SLi.

Do nForce motherboards and SLi plus 100+ series control panels don't get along together? I don't know. :(

Edit: I tried 162.18 again and changed the registry values to enable the old CP. It opens, but it doesn't recognize my PCI-e slots. I'm betting it's something to do with the chipset drivers now...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1880/slind4.th.png (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slind4.png)

Mr Bigman
07-27-07, 07:11 PM
Yes, i got that same messege when doing the reg hack. Wow, i really believe its something in the chipset. Why isn't Nvidia recognizing this or are they to stupid too?

This proves my point that Nvidia doesn't bother with old chipsets too. Nforce 4 is still a good chipset and why there not supporitng it or releaseing a driver in over a year is beyond me.

Please Nvidia get off your ass and release some new drivers for Nforce 4 SLI series. Please.

SLippe
07-27-07, 09:00 PM
I don't know. I have an NForce4 board, using 162.18 and I get the CP, only thing different is I'm not running SLi, but my mobo is SLi ready. Weird.

Mr Bigman
07-27-07, 09:24 PM
It has to do with SLI.

I dug into some research on this and its to do wth chipset limitation butg why would that effect the CP?

SLippe
07-27-07, 11:22 PM
I don't know, it's gotta be a software glitch and seems like nVidia would know about this and have done something about it. Maybe they can't figure it out, yet, either! ;)

Mr Bigman
07-27-07, 11:33 PM
Hey, i got a striker with some quad on that thing so no sweat. Its the weapon backup when **** hits the fan.

SLippe
07-27-07, 11:38 PM
Hey, i got a striker with some quad on that thing so no sweat. Its the weapon backup when **** hits the fan.
Nice! :thumbsup:

Mr Bigman
07-27-07, 11:46 PM
I pulled out all the stops with that ****er. Went and spent 10K on some stuff and loving it.
Here you go:
Striker of course:
8 Gigs of DDR2 2 4 gig kits from Corsair:
2 8800Ultras had trouble finding water blocks for them:
4 of the new WD 750's and kept the stacker 830

I use the POS nforce 4 for my HTPC i mentioned the Zalmen in the hardware thread.

The reason i want the new drivers to work is for rendering purposes with the 7800GTX SLI i still use dont know why but its quiet.

t3hl33td4rg0n
07-28-07, 04:17 AM
Have you tried a fresh install of XP?

Mr Bigman
07-28-07, 02:13 PM
I removed the raid and stuck a blank hd in there and did a clean install to base things against and still nothing in the CP.

Im getting to wonder if there is a download from M$ that i need besides .NET?