PDA

View Full Version : Sequel or New IP?

|MaguS|
07-27-07, 07:55 PM
So what do you prefer? A sequel to a long running series or just a popular good title or would you prefer a completly new IP from the developers?

I myself would prefer new IPs, while I am a huge fan of some long running series (Final Fantasy for one) I still would love if they worked on new IPs over them. There is so much more freedom to be found when you don't have the limitation of a name or existing IP.

Unstable_Hero
07-27-07, 08:02 PM
Depends, farcry i want to continue, same with crysis, HL2 (gotta know who the gman is). But doom im tired of i want somthing new instead. It depends what games your talking about but i voted new ip anyway.

SH64
07-27-07, 08:13 PM
I usually prefer sequels ...

jAkUp
07-27-07, 10:12 PM
It depends, I am all for sequels if the original was any good :o

Amuro
07-27-07, 11:27 PM
Doesn't really matter as long as the game comes out great. There was one sequel that I really wanted, Mechwarrior 5, but it was cancelled.

hordaktheman
07-28-07, 12:07 AM
Can't really say I care one way or the other. If it's a good story then a sequel is always welcome. If it's a new IP with a good story then it's also welcome. The only thing that bothers me about sequels is when they reach the umpteenth iteration and become reliant on familiarity with the prequels.

NaitoSan
07-28-07, 12:56 AM
Yeah it depends. I'm always up for new IP but I enjoy sequels, even some games are due for a sequel but never going to happen like Crusader: No Remorse/Regret. :(

nutcrackr
07-28-07, 01:04 AM
I want roughly equal sequels and new games.

Stoneyguy
07-28-07, 09:23 AM
As of this moment, I am looking forward to more titles that are sequels then new IPs. StarCraft II being on the top of that list.

stncttr908
07-28-07, 09:36 AM
Well since sequels take money away from IP development and focus it more on the game itself, sequels should be better than the previous game, especially for high profile series.