PDA

View Full Version : Asus Striker Extreme 680i VCore Voltage or CPU VTT Voltage? Which needs adjusted/OC??

Digital_Trans
07-27-07, 10:07 PM
I'm confused as to which to adjust in the system bios for the Asus Striker Extreme 680i Intel Edition for trying to overclock the Intel Quad Core X6800.
Currently, I'm running stable at 3.21GHz with out touching anything other then the CPU Multiplier from 11 which is (2.93GHz stock) to 12 which is 3.21GHz Under over voltage in the bios I see to options to increase more voltage to the cpu for better overclocking.

1.) VCore Voltage?

or

2.) CPU VTT Voltage?

Which should be adjusted because I've not had luck in the past when it comes to the VCore voltage as I had posted a topic many months back relating to problems with vcore voltages.

SLippe
07-27-07, 10:18 PM
VCore.

My CPU doesn't like the Multiplier changed or the voltage, so I left both at stock 10/1.35v, but I'm up to 2.6GHz from 2.0Ghz stock! Mine isn't a Quad though.

Digital_Trans
07-27-07, 11:14 PM
VCore.

My CPU doesn't like the Multiplier changed or the voltage, so I left both at stock 10/1.35v, but I'm up to 2.6GHz from 2.0Ghz stock! Mine isn't a Quad though.

Yes, but your using AMD so I can't really assume it will even work on my setup since I'm using Intel. I'm sure someone will know who's using a Intel Quad core CPU and Asus Striker Extreme 680i Motherboard.

Digital_Trans
07-28-07, 01:57 AM
I just played around with the Asus Noss and increased it by 8% and and man! my system is going blazing fast from applications to gaming. I'm only overclocked at 3.21GHz I'll see how this all works out. 98% I can figure stuff like this out but free added advice is always nice to fully take advantage of.

SLippe
07-28-07, 02:16 AM
I just played around with the Asus Noss and increased it by 8% and and man! my system is going blazing fast from applications to gaming. I'm only overclocked at 3.21GHz I'll see how this all works out. 98% I can figure stuff like this out but free added advice is always nice to fully take advantage of.
Cool. Congrats. Good luck.

Digital_Trans
07-28-07, 09:11 AM
It appears that the Asus AI Noss creates a delay on bootup when used.
Geee, I was really starting to like it but having to wait an extra 5 seconds during the bootup process really sucks so I disabled it.

crainger
07-28-07, 10:51 AM
Is a 5 sec wait that bad? I mean are you rebooting that often? :D

Digital_Trans
07-28-07, 11:13 AM
Is a 5 sec wait that bad? I mean are you rebooting that often? :D

Not really, but I sure wish there was away around it.

Digital_Trans
07-28-07, 02:15 PM
There is, don't use those Auto OC features and tweak the system manually.

What about the following settings?

1.) VCore Voltage?

or

2.) CPU VTT Voltage?

Which should be adjusted?