PDA

View Full Version : C&C3 "Revolutionized" announcement August 8th

Pages : [1] 2

JasonPC
07-27-07, 10:45 PM
http://images.ea.com/games/cc3/FlashHeader19.jpg

Expansion pack anyone?

As the website says, "Check Back August 8th (http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=51#NewsMain)"

Shamrock
07-27-07, 10:51 PM
Well, all I know is, the newest patch (1.06) has neutered the GDI. The Mammoths are turtle slow now, but more powerful with longer reload times. They increased the special ability(the things on the side, like the expert sharpshooters) prices, almost doubling in some instances. No wonder it was 134MB for 6 little fixes. They didn't even tell anyone what they did. It isn't mentioned in the readme!

Maybe this is a "patch" disguised as an expansion pack. Maybe they will add another faction? It being red, it "may" be a revenge of NOD.

JasonPC
07-27-07, 11:24 PM
I doubt they'd hype a patch this much. They basically much said 1.05 would be the last "huge" patch they have. An expansion pack is so heavily implied by the endgame movies that it's not even funny. I think they might announce a few things, such as the mod SDK, maybe patch details. But probably an expansion pack as well. The community manager has been sending the news to several sites. So it must be a fairly big announcement regardless of what it is.

crainger
07-27-07, 11:44 PM
They are adding DX10 support.

I actually have no ****ing clue what these guys are upto. :headexplode:

nekrosoft13
07-27-07, 11:46 PM

that would be cool

Amuro
07-28-07, 12:13 AM
Still doesn't interest me enough to waist 20 minutes of my life to go down to the store and grab the game.

nutcrackr
07-28-07, 01:06 AM
absolutely an exp pack, greg kavasin from gamespot moved to EA LA to work on it so it's just a matter of time before we hear about it. Hopefully they include a cyborg or I'll shoot them :mad:

SH64
07-28-07, 03:29 AM
Most likely exp.

in any matter i hope it it brings balance to the game :p

GunshyGabe
07-29-07, 06:36 AM
I want more Grace Park and Tricia Helfer cutscenes.

Capt. Picard
07-29-07, 07:48 AM
Strategy Games these days are all the same. SC2 won't be any different.

I loved C&C2 but after playing the demo of 3, I felt that it was good but not worth the money and time.

SH64
07-29-07, 08:04 AM
My friends are literally addicted to C&C3 esp online play. they are 1337s now that they challenge anybody to play againest them.
(btw if anybody interested to challenge them i might be able to arrange for a match , just let me know here or PM).
i'm not into C&C3 much though because i'm more of a casual RTS gamer.

crainger
07-29-07, 08:10 AM
Strategy Games these days are all the same. SC2 won't be any different.

I loved C&C2 but after playing the demo of 3, I felt that it was good but not worth the money and time.

So basically what you are trying to say is; That you suck at Strategy Games and you don't play them to save yourself the embarrasment?

:D

shabby
07-29-07, 08:38 AM

So now the game will run slower? ;)

Capt. Picard
07-29-07, 09:23 AM
So basically what you are trying to say is; That you suck at Strategy Games and you don't play them to save yourself the embarrasment?

Yeah, pretty much. And my computer sucketh so much that playing it is no fun. :rolleyes:

nopp0x00
07-29-07, 05:41 PM

COH and SUPCOM are better and more enjoyable games than the arcadey C&C3. I played those games for hours, yet C&C3 ended up being meh for me.

crainger
07-29-07, 07:27 PM
COH and SUPCOM are better and more enjoyable games than the arcadey C&C3. I played those games for hours, yet C&C3 ended up being meh for me.

I agree 100%. Although I love C&C3 for the single player. I find I'd much rather LAN and skirmish with SupCom. My gf also likes SupCom do to it's slower pace.

JasonPC
07-29-07, 07:53 PM
I personally hate SupCom's slow pace and enjoy C&C3's quick pace (it's too slow even with double resources). The only thing about C&C3 is that there's been so many exploits and balance issues.

nutcrackr
07-29-07, 08:31 PM
I'm a huge c&c fan but I'd say that c&c3 while good is the worst game in the franchise, even tib sun was more fun despite the funky units. Supreme commander was more enjoyable for me even though the story was fairly generic.

Amuro
07-30-07, 03:45 AM
I personally hate SupCom's slow pace and enjoy C&C3's quick pace (it's too slow even with double resources). The only thing about C&C3 is that there's been so many exploits and balance issues.
SupCom's supposed to be slower paced because it's Total Annihilation.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-30-07, 06:10 AM
gimme world in conflict already.....:cool:

i played almost ever C&C ever made so nr3 is no excpetion then wich is best and worse well i dunno i just play and have fun take the game for what it is and have fun thatīs what i do ok some games really suck like marine sharpshooter
and other games so those i havenīt played but still i tried thema and realized no way so out they went in came more good games hehehehe:D :cool:

SH64
08-06-07, 08:22 PM
1 day to go!

breathemetal
08-06-07, 09:15 PM
Hopefully it brings some closure to the game

nutcrackr
08-07-07, 06:29 AM
cyborg and medic! hopefully more Kane too.

JasonPC
08-07-07, 02:54 PM
I don't know why I wrote August 8th when it's August 7th oh well. I feel dumb ;)

BUT, unfortunately it isn't an expansion but rather a feature that was supposed to be out over 4 months ago, the battlecast TV viewer. Some big news...

Rakeesh
08-07-07, 03:33 PM
Is C&C3 any good? I remember C&C2 being such crap that I didn't play it for long.