PDA

View Full Version : Gears PC Prettier than Crysis?

Pages : [1] 2

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 04:50 AM
Very, very interesting read:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161597

CAN THIS YEAR GET ANY MORE FANTASTIC FOR GAMING?:D (nana2)

Games for Windows interview with Epic's Mark Rein

MR: Visually, obviously, it's still going to be at the top bar of PC games when it comes out. It will be the top bar. I don't think there's going to be anything more visually impressive than Gears of War Windows the day it ships...

GFW: We'll see, because everyone's tardy with their stuff. Of course, Crysis is coming out. We'll see if that makes it out... Not necessarily declaring one or the other better-looking right off the bat, but...

MR: If that's the quote you want, is Crysis better-looking than Gears of War? I don't think so. It's different. It looks great in its own way, but does it top the graphics bar for Gears of War? No.

GFW: I think it's getting a lot more...you know, here's how I look at it. There's always that game, and definitely Gears of War is that game, it was that game, and it still is, where it makes you look at the face of gaming tomorrow. You play it and you're like, OK, this is nice. This is what we can look forward to from other games. But I have to say that every time I see Crysis, it's the same thing, and it's so far after Gears, there's nothing else that seems like it's quite going to deliver that. Whereas I think even Gears, as an aside, I think Gears looks better than Halo 3, from what I've seen, at least of what I've seen of Halo 3 so far. But Crysis is one of those when I look, if something is going to give me that brand-new "wow" it's gonna be that.

MR: Well, let's see how it looks on your PC.

GFW: Considering right now I don't even have Vista... [Laughs]

MR: That's my challenge: Let's see when it ships how great it looks on the PC you own. That's the thing, do I think Gears of War will look better than Crysis on the PCs people actually own? Yes. But that's OK. Neither of them's gonna look bad. I'm not saying Crysis is a slouch by any stretch of the imagination; it's gonna look great, but it's a different look. We're a more stylized game. We take some liberties with realism that they can't take with their forests and trees and stuff that they're doing. It's just a different game.

GFW: You know you'd publish their game if they came to you...

MR: I'm not a publisher. Look, it's going to be great. I'm not slamming them. I'm just saying that, don't forget Gears of War in the beauty contest.

GFW: Even when I played it again last night to catch up, once again, it was like, wow, it was a really good-looking game.

MR: And don't forget, we're not dealing with a 512MB memory limitation anymore. That's a lot more gas in the tank. When we build these textures and characters and all the environments originally, we're building them on PC, and the source content is much more detailed than any console, or PC for that matter, could show. So when we get a chance to now go to a platform where the videocard now has more than 512 megs, then we're dealing with potentially 2GBs of system memory, trust me, there's a lot more gas left in our tank than people realize. So people should expect Gears of War Windows to up the ante a little bit from the 360, simply because if you're willing to spend the money, a few thousand dollars on a PC, you can build a pretty powerful PC. And our engine is scalable; it'll go there.

http://imageigloo.com/images/7270gears.jpg

SwedX
07-29-07, 06:13 AM
Nice thats music to my ears :D
But prettier than Crysis I cant see that happening..but indeed Mr Rein is a pretty good sales guy heh

nutcrackr
07-29-07, 06:24 AM
Honestly Mark Rein is a tosser.

PaiN
07-29-07, 06:32 AM
That's my challenge: Let's see when it ships how great it looks on the PC you own. That's the thing, do I think Gears of War will look better than Crysis on the PCs people actually own
imo... Mark R. meant that they are attempting to make GoW PC look/run better than Crysis on average and older PCs . I don't think he meant that GoW was was going to look better than Crysis on our PCs :D C2D/8800 user and up
remember....even though we live for this stuff and see our great PCs everyday ..hehe WE ARE NOT NORMAL

JohnDio
07-29-07, 07:26 AM
Keep in mind that Mark Rein 9 months ago was stating that PC's aren't powerful enough to handle GoW and that it would take at least 3 years to catch up with the X360 power :p .............we saw what happened didn't we? PC's surpassed it way faster than Rein expected :p

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-29-07, 07:33 AM
who the heck cares Goears Crysis Assasinīs Bioshock with games like these who cares about prettiest or not they are so damn super that i canīt decide wich to buy first i canīt buy the all at once i already preed. Asassinīs,COD 4 Crysis MOhaa airborne and i havenīt come aroudnd topre bio yet

man this year will give pc gamers some serious ****

SwedX
07-29-07, 07:55 AM
Keep in mind that Mark Rein 9 months ago was stating that PC's aren't powerful enough to handle GoW and that it would take at least 3 years to catch up with the X360 power :p .............we saw what happened didn't we? PC's surpassed it way faster than Rein expected :p

Thats right the man is full of BS. Hyping the 360 as the 8'th wonder of the world yeah sure.
Mr Carmac dident hide under the chair as he said the new consoles is pretty powerful but a top of the top Pc is of course better and that was when the 360 just comed out.

And now as we all know Mr BS Rein wants to sell as many copies for the Pc as possible so now the Pc is in another world..as we dident know that allredy.

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 09:44 AM
who the heck cares Goears Crysis Assasinīs Bioshock with games like these who cares about prettiest or not they are so damn super that i canīt decide wich to buy first i canīt buy the all at once i already preed. Asassinīs,COD 4 Crysis MOhaa airborne and i havenīt come aroudnd topre bio yet

man this year will give pc gamers some serious ****

So many great games coming out...I honestly can't remember such a great Fall for gaming!:D

BioHazZarD
07-29-07, 10:22 AM
Crysis has larger levels vs Gears that has way smaller so its obvious you can throiw more details at smaller levels. But i think crysis looks way better cause of the game levels tropical paradise.

hirantha
07-29-07, 10:32 AM
Hallelujah!!!! Power to the PC gaming!!!

this year will be the year I'm buying over 10 games. PC gaming has hit its Gspot!!!:D

raystorm
07-29-07, 10:36 AM
Gears of War on pc will blow away the 360 version and other games like Crysis, UT3, Bioshock..etc.. will all look just gorgeous on high end pc's and I expect them to play great as well.

This winter will be very, very good for the pc gamer and I can't wait to get these games!!!

I'm also hoping that Nvidia and ATI have something up their sleeves as I've had my x1800xt since last January so it may be time for a DX10 card upgrade! I'll wait for the new stuff and benchies on the new games of course..

Chubz
07-29-07, 11:02 AM
Gears of War better looking than Crysis?

LMAO, best laugh I've had all week .. or all month for that matter.

Mark Rein is a douchebag.

Mr_LoL
07-29-07, 11:34 AM
Gears of War better looking than Crysis?

LMAO, best laugh I've had all week .. or all month for that matter.

Mark Rein is a douchebag.
QFT. I really can't see it myself but hey he has to sell the game.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-29-07, 12:10 PM
so tell me is it so dependent if one gmae looks better than the other then the less looking is a piece of ****? come on you canīt be serious?

i will get Gears to PC as i have it to 360 and btw 360 is getting itīs share as well halluja x2 for me :D

DRen72
07-29-07, 01:28 PM
I'm not a fan of that blurry background stuff I see in the screenshots. I think most games call it "depth of field". That is completely unrealistic, but it does give a movie quality feel.

SwedX
07-29-07, 01:41 PM
For what I have seen and belive is that gears will just be a little better then the 360 version so in the end compare it to Crysis is a fuc.in SIN.

Rein is full of it Mr BS is his name..what a joke.

JasonPC
07-29-07, 02:10 PM
Depth of field can be a realistic effect when used correctly. For example hold your finger out and stare directly at it. Everything in the background will be out of focus to your eyesight. Crysis uses depth of field most notably when you customize your gun since you are focusing your eyesight on the gun. Some games that go overboard with depth of field are unrealistic though IMO like Gothic III and Gears of War.

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 02:42 PM

this year will be the year I'm buying over 10 games. PC gaming has hit its Gspot!!!:D

This is exactly how I feel! I have never seen a Fall Lineup quite like this for the PC!:D

PC Gaming Vindication.(nana2)

jcrox
07-29-07, 03:00 PM
This is exactly how I feel! I have never seen a Fall Lineup quite like this for the PC!:D

PC Gaming Vindication.(nana2)

As long as the games ACTUALLY get released, I agree totally.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-29-07, 03:01 PM
letīs hope them all big titles really comes out this year letīs hope coz game realeses are not a sure thing not at all

but yeah it is a gamelisious year fall winter what the hell gimme gimme a game after midnight.......:D

grey_1
07-29-07, 04:57 PM

Lol, yep..wifeys gonna kick my A$$ for me for sure...:D

SwedX
07-29-07, 05:38 PM
If all these great games comes out this year..oh man then we defenetly will be in heaven..totaly Pc explosion so beware you console scum ;)

This must be one of the best year ever in Pc Gaming history yeah I agree fully.

FastRedPonyCar
07-29-07, 06:21 PM
Still waiting on the 9800's before I buy any of these games... Mabey they'll bundle them with a free copy of crysis or GOW. I'd be down with that.

nopp0x00
07-29-07, 06:33 PM
Gears looks good for a game that is essentially a bunch of boxed in areas. It will look fantastic on PC hardware with all the fixings turned on, but Crysis blows it away in terms of scale. Just the textures alone blow away Gears.

And how does that assclown know how Crysis will look on lower end hardware? He doesn't. He's just full of ****.

That sexually insecure moron needs to quit with his bull****. Rein's probably one of the biggest douches in the industry. He's like the worst from Rage3d, but with a high paying job.

m3dude
07-29-07, 07:12 PM
He's like the worst from Rage3d, but with a high paying job.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL