PDA

View Full Version : Fall Gaming Purchases!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 02:28 PM
What will you be purchasing this Fall? Multiple votes allowed of course!:D

Let's keep our finger crossed that all of these are released this year.;)

lIqUID
07-29-07, 02:37 PM
first and foremost a new rig when some new Intel quad chips and the nV9 series is released.

1. CoD4
2. UT3
3. Crysis

I heard a rumor about SoF3 but I haven't seen anything about it really.

we are getting some awesome shooters in the next few months :D

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 02:41 PM
I also plan to get some new Wii and Xbox 360 games. Super Mario Galaxy...Burnout Paradise anyone. And maybe just maybe Halo 3!:D

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 02:43 PM
All this gaming goodness just makes me :drooling:!

:jumping:

I believe that Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway may be released this Fall as well.:D

PaiN
07-29-07, 02:49 PM
besides Bioshock, Crysis, CoD4 and GoW...I'm also planing to get Two Worlds and HL2: Epi2
Since I just purchased an IP32 Pro mobo..think I'm done with hardware untill into "08" and hell with all this gaming goodness, I don't want to work on this PC..I want to play it !!! ;)

jcrox
07-29-07, 02:51 PM
It's gonna be a rough semester at school :( and what timing, all my advanced programming classes start this semester too.

hirantha
07-29-07, 02:52 PM
QX6950 and a x38 board is a sure shot for me!!!(nana2)

BioHazZarD
07-29-07, 03:11 PM
Bioshock and Crysis first.

Uberpwnage
07-29-07, 03:13 PM
Quad Core
2GB more ram
9800 GTX
Crysis
UT3
CoD4
Bioshock
:D

jcrox
07-29-07, 03:22 PM
Quad Core
new motherboard
Water cooling
9800 GTX
Crysis
Bioshock
UT3

I have $2000 in a bank account that was specifically for 2 9800's, if they're really that fast I'll just get 1 and then maybe that 28" ViewSonic monitor.

nrdstrm
07-29-07, 03:29 PM
Quad Core (Penryn)
Mobo
Ram (probably, depends on if they require DDR3/faster speeds)
9800GTX
Crysis
UT3 (Played it yesterday...Woot!)
Bioshock
GOW PC

**EDIT** I forgot to mention Age of Conan and Pirates of the Burning Sea....Both are MMO's that look promising (AOC is DX10)...

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 04:24 PM
Geez....how could I forget HL2 Orange Box in the poll? :screwy::captnkill:

Portal.:D

grey_1
07-29-07, 04:28 PM
Geez....how could I forget HL2 Orange Box in the poll? :screwy::captnkill:

Portal.:D
It's easy to forget hl.

Hopefully a new mobo, ram and chip in a few months, Crysis, Bioshock and GOW for PC if it's out.

delas52
07-29-07, 04:31 PM
UT3, Crysis, Bioshock, and CoD4 from choices.

Then throw in Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, Stranglehold (maybe), Kane & Lynch (maybe), Army of Two (maybe), HL2:OB, and Two Worlds (maybe).

ArrowMk84
07-29-07, 04:53 PM
Everything but a CPU/MOBO upgrade (which I'll probably put off till next summer). If G92 comes out, I'm there!

In addition to all of the above games, I'm definitely getting Medieval 2 TW Kingdoms, the Witcher, Brothers in Arms, NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, the Supreme Commander expansion and Assassins Creed. HL2 Orange Box and Two Worlds are probables.

And I'm going to dabble in the dark side with an Xbox 360 purchase for Mass Effect and GTA 4.

Now, where the hell am I going to get the time play all these games?! This should keep me busy until next fall!

MaUiLoCaL
07-29-07, 05:39 PM
Hellgate: London is coming to PC's on October 30th.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/hellgate-london/808735p1.html

3DBrad
07-29-07, 06:18 PM
UT3 + Gears of War > all other games. :D

Oh, and I think Bioshock is going to FLOP, FLOP, FLOP like a big ol' fat fish, but it might look pretty while doing it. :p

delas52
07-29-07, 06:20 PM
UT3 + Gears of War > all other games. :D

Oh, and I think Bioshock is going to FLOP, FLOP, FLOP like a big ol' fat fish, but it might look pretty while doing it. :p

I'm not so sold on it either to tell the truth, but what are your thoughts behind this?

nutcrackr
07-29-07, 06:21 PM
new rig
crysis
orange box
left 4 dead
hellgate
sup comm exp
and whatever else turns me on.

3DBrad
07-29-07, 06:30 PM
I'm not so sold on it either to tell the truth, but what are your thoughts behind this?

(1) Gears of War is a very fun game. Multiplayer is very fun, and you can disable gore and cursing, etc. unlike many other games, which is appreciated by many.

(2) Unreal Tournament 3 has basically been done for quite a while, but Epic has been polishing the game, and adding new features, unlike other companies that basically release betas and call it a finished game.

(3) Bioshock has no multiplayer, requires "activation" similar to activating Windows, and the art direction seems totally random. It's like Shadowrun, but this time, instead of having no singleplayer, it has no multiplayer. The storyline hasn't been worked on long enough, and the main guy behind the story apparently thinks that dark/morbid content = good content.

Ok, 'nuff said.

Arioch
07-29-07, 07:03 PM
I already prepaid for Two Worlds and Bioshock but it may be another couple months until another big title comes out for me to buy, probably in the November timeframe when I will get overwhelmed with game purchases.

JasonPC
07-29-07, 07:14 PM
Mercenaries 2 :)

SH64
07-29-07, 07:19 PM
C2Q (Q6600) , CoD4 , GoW .. & whatever great games coming this fall.

crainger
07-29-07, 07:29 PM
I love HL too!

Hopefully a new mobo, ram and chip in a few months, Crysis, Bioshock and GOW for PC if it's out.

I'm gonna buy all the games listed in the poll. I think my rig is fine for the moment.

Also gonna get GTA4 and a few games for the 360. Such as Scene It.

Imbroglio
07-29-07, 07:44 PM
wow, didn't realize how unhappy everyone is with Quake Wars, which is my number 1 at the moment.... (I know that a great modder will by doing a mod and applying his practically perfect written predicition code so it won't be 'Lag Wars' like everyone claims it to be) and I don't have to boot into windows to play this, so this is an obvious plus, which is why I'll also be picking up UT3 :D

and then on 360 there is gta, pes (pro-evo soccer), flatout:ultimate carnage, new tiger woods, and probably a hockey game this year, whichever company's turns out better

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D