PDA

View Full Version : Vista and HDTV output issues.. Anyone else?

Spaz007
07-29-07, 08:49 PM
I'm having issues in Vista outputting to my HDTV. Every driver after 100.65 has had this problem. I already posted the bug to Nvidia but is anyone else having issues?

Ancient
07-30-07, 10:41 AM
Using DVI-->HDMI as well. No problems since the 15x.xx and 16x.xx drivers were released.

What issue are you having? Can you provide some details?

Dr.Nick
07-30-07, 02:11 PM
I'm also using a dvi to hdmi cable and run the tv at 1080p/60Hz with no issues. However things are not good when I also connect my dell 2001fp for some email/web surfing. The drivers just suck for dual monitors or maybe its just an lcd&hdtv combo issue..

ikjadoon
07-30-07, 02:40 PM
It's working good for me, using DVI to DVI on my HDTV. I wish I could set a different resolution, but meh, it works.

~Ibrahim~

Dr.Nick
07-30-07, 05:03 PM
Strange, that works pretty good here. I can set different resolutions and refresh rates in Vista. Primary is the Samsung at 1080p/50Hz and secondary the 3007 at 2560x1600/60Hz.

I have no problems setting the resolutions but when I exit a game or screensaver my desktop icons disappear and/or they scatter across both monitors. I cannot save icon/folder locations for the life of me. Even Ultramon doesn't do squat in Vista.
Also if I'm running a dreamscene/deskscape and I switch primary monitors windows explorer always crashes. In addition Vista has some very annoying window/desktop refreshing issues, requiring a manual refresh when many changes are made. All of the above combined make for a very annoying dual monitor experience:(

ikjadoon
07-30-07, 06:01 PM
I have no problems setting the resolutions but when I exit a game or screensaver my desktop icons disappear and/or they scatter across both monitors. I cannot save icon/folder locations for the life of me. Even Ultramon doesn't do squat in Vista.
Also if I'm running a dreamscene/deskscape and I switch primary monitors windows explorer always crashes. In addition Vista has some very annoying window/desktop refreshing issues, requiring a manual refresh when many changes are made. All of the above combined make for a very annoying dual monitor experience:(

A bit off-topic, but do you have ASUS PC Probe installed? I find that when I had it installed, explorer.exe seemed to crash a lot...Just an idea.

~Ibrahim~

chiklit
07-31-07, 12:50 PM
I use component to output and it works fine for me.

AthlonXP1800
08-03-07, 12:53 PM
No problem here with my HDTV used DVI to DVI output on latest 163.11 driver.

Spaz007
08-05-07, 11:04 PM
I use component to output and it works fine for me.

Well I have no idea what to do then. One set of drivers works and the rest don't. So its not like the hardware is broken.

Also I'm using component... It acts like the TV is out of sync. Only the 100.65 drivers or older work. Anything newer has issues displaying.

Destroy
08-12-07, 10:01 PM
I'm having issues in Vista outputting to my HDTV. Every driver after 100.65 has had this problem. I already posted the bug to Nvidia but is anyone else having issues?

Just installed Vista 32 Home Premium tonight, and YES, Vista simply will not scale properly to my native 19x10 res.

100.xx version drivers do scale the res properly. 162.xx's do not. Haven't tried 158.xx's yet. Different refresh rates tried, no change, still not res'ing properly.

Vista says I'm running at 19x10, my monitor says I'm running at 19x10 but there are 1 to 2 inch black bars on all sides of my Desktop and is obviously not 1x1.

Destroy
08-13-07, 07:57 PM
Just wanted to update my situation in hopes it helps someone.

I've now installed 163.16 beta drivers from the other thread in this forum and my Desktop res works properly ONLY when I set the refresh rate to 50.

Odd thing was Nvidia Control Panel took a long time to open; like almost 1 minute long but everything seems to work ok so far.

Edit: Change that. Seems 'Use my display's built in scaling' was check. If I put it on 'Do not scale' I'm back to my same old issue with black bars on all sides of the screen.

You know, I thought the text looked a bit on the large side. Now I know why.

cca
08-14-07, 04:06 AM
I have the exact same problem with a Philips LCD HDTV, it works properly only at 1280x720@50Hz, anything else and the image is totally wrong. It was working perfectly in WinXP a week ago, Nvidia needs to fix the Vista drivers.

monkeydust
08-18-07, 12:55 PM
I've got a Dell 2001fp and Sony HDTV via DVI->HDMI. I've never got them both to work at the same time properly. They work fine XP, but when I boot to Vista 32, the LCD loses signal and the HDTV is the only one to get a signal. I've been messing with this for the last year and have installed 32/64 bit Vista several times in hopes of fixing it but no luck. I try a new NV driver every couple of months and always the same results. If I switch the LCD and HDTV DVI inputs, I can get a picture on both but the resolution is never correct like it is on my XP boot drive. Tried again today and gave up again. :(

sibbor
08-23-07, 03:23 PM
I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit with 163.44 beta drivers.

I've (and had for 5 months) scaling issues with my 8800 GTS and my LCD-TV (Tatung 32", 720p). Tried to do pixelmapping 1:1 (1360x720; 16:9) over digital interface (DVI-HDMI), but the crappy ForceWare drivers simply can't manage to do it right. And since the ForceWare don't handle custom resolutions. I don't know why ForceWare doesn't recognize the LCD-TV's supported resolutions... this is over digital interface, as I told you. VGA is fine, however, but hey!? Digital interface is the ****.

I can get 12xx*720:50 (I think it was), but then the image is over scaled. Selecting 1360x720 (manually added trough the inf-file upon driver installation) just gives me a 25 Hz alternative... Why!? The LCD-TV clearly supports 60 Hz @ native 720p.

:thumbdwn:

sibbor
08-23-07, 06:01 PM
That's bad man. The new 163.44 set improved my 1:1 pixel mapping situation a lot. Works like in XP.Congratulations :-)!
Hope they'll fix it soon, HDTV output is very important nowadays!Yeah, I've really got now clue what nVidia is thinking about? HDTV aka custom resolutions + timings should be kinda high priority for them to fix. Especially for the 8-series; thinking about 8500 + 8600 with hardware decoder; "the ultimate HTPC cards"...

nVidia should put a special development team for just this task. They for sure got the budget for it, and with that, the knowledge (!).