Oh yeah:cool:

http://www.tothegame.com/sshotfeat.asp?screen=887&pic=5

How much will that rock:cool:

fastguy94416
04-03-03, 02:14 PM
That is a big mortar

Starscream
04-03-03, 02:22 PM
When a friend of mine saw this pic he said "Is that Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 1992?!?"

heh.

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/bf1942sw/20030402/bf1942sw_ss03pc.shtml

vampireuk
04-03-03, 03:01 PM
That big mortar type thing is a huge rocket launcher, used for driving right up to bunkers and blasting them open:cool:

Red Dog
04-03-03, 06:38 PM
another box car hitches up to the EA money train...

damm that evil empire.....

ok, im just bitchin' and I'll problably end up buying it, but I hate giving EA money.

for some reason I just hate that company, cant put my finger on it.

oh well, lol

lets hope it retails for $19.99

gravioli
04-03-03, 06:47 PM
It sounds like the lamest expansion ever. If I wanted rocket packs I would play a sci-fi game. :rolleyes:

vampireuk
04-04-03, 02:48 AM
It sounds like the lamest expansion ever. If I wanted rocket packs I would play a sci-fi game

Well they were actually using quite a lot of those weapons and experimenting with others.:p

styles-T
04-04-03, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog

lets hope it retails for $19.99

i would hate to buy another expansion :rolleyes: but this game is awesome..EA is really hitting people up for $$..

gravioli
04-04-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Well they were actually using quite a lot of those weapons and experimenting with others.:p

I know, but it would be nice if they focused on some of the more common weaponry that they have yet to include. Examples: Why do the Russian Assault soldiers use Bars? Why are there no British tanks? :confused:

vampireuk
04-05-03, 06:54 AM
Yeah there should be more accurate weapons in it. We demand Tommy cookers!

gravioli
04-05-03, 06:40 PM
We demand Tommy cookers!

Hell yeah! :D :confused: I think the game has one though.

"The Sherman tank, so important to the Allies in World War Two, had an unpleasant tendency to burst into flames when hit..."

:eek:

Starscream
04-05-03, 07:28 PM
Yeah there should be more accurate weapons in it. We demand Tommy cookers!

http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/tommycooker.htm

:confused:

sxotty
04-06-03, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by !plonk*
i would hate to buy another expansion :rolleyes: but this game is awesome..EA is really hitting people up for $$..

I am sick of EA, and I cannot skip their stupid splash screen in BF1942 which pisses me off.

In addition my gf4200 is better than my 9500pro which is kinda annoying and their net code sucks.

I love the game though, but crap fix it b4 you release 10 expansion packs.

Starscream
04-06-03, 02:53 PM
That ea splash screen is indeed annoying. I mute the sound until I get into the game.

vampireuk
04-06-03, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Starscream
http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/tommycooker.htm

:confused:

I think it was the Matilda tanks, or Shermans. The gunners left the ammo boxes open when in combat. So when hit they would often burst into flames. So the germans nicknamed them, the Tommy Cookers.:D

gravioli
04-06-03, 04:46 PM
Here (http://17thdivision.tripod.com/knackersquaddiesquartermastersection/id22.html) are some of Starscream's tommy cookers for sale.

There is basically two types of tommy cookers. The bursting in flame tanks and actual cookers.

fasedww
04-06-03, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by !plonk*
i would hate to buy another expansion :rolleyes: but this game is awesome..EA is really hitting people up for $$.. I had version 1.1 and the fix where you go into the settings in the battlefield 1942 and change the renderer.AllRefreshRates 0, to 1, Game plays but if I install Patch 1.2 our 1.3 new one it just won't start goes to desktop. I using Win Xp SP1:( Anybody know a fix also driver version 43.03, I don't think it's the driver's everything else plays also it plays version 1.1 with the refresh rate change.

DaveW
04-07-03, 03:17 PM
I only just purchase the Road to Rome expansion, mainly because most of the servers are running it now.

I am not so sure about this new expansion pack. One of the appeals of BF1942 is that its played using the tech of WWII (Spitfires etc). When you have jet fighters etc is doesn't seem the same. Whats next? "super-ultra secret weapons of WWII" with cruise missiles and F16s?

If I want to play with more advance and higher tech weaponry I will wait for the BF1942 Starwars mod :)

vampireuk
04-07-03, 03:28 PM
Dave download the Desert Combat mod, it rocks:D

Red Dog
04-07-03, 05:39 PM
Desert combat is flat out awesome.

as in I would buy it awesome, if it wasnt free.

I've heard it might just go retail.

one a side note let me take this opportunity to pimp Viet Cong.

after purchasing it I must say its a 100% must buy title.

I havent tried multi yet, but sp is awesome. the graphix are just flat out beautiful and the 3d sound is prob the best Ive heard on my Nforce. flying along in a helo listening to hendrix tunes is just cool as scat. crawling through vc tunnels is pretty wild.

very glad I finaly bought it.