PDA

View Full Version : Mario Strikers Charged TODAY!

nVJoe
07-31-07, 02:54 PM
TODAY! W00T!

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/230009b.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=230009

I have this game in my hot little hands. My son can't wait till I get home so we can play it.

MaUiLoCaL
07-31-07, 03:25 PM
TODAY! W00T!

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/230009b.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=230009

I have this game in my hot little hands. My son can't wait till I get home so we can play it.

:D

Apparently my Mother-In-Law is getting this for me for my Birthday next week.

(nana2)

nVJoe
07-31-07, 04:13 PM
I'll post my thoughts on this after a hour or so of playing it. I am sure my son will kick my butt though. :D

Tygerwoody
07-31-07, 04:40 PM
Best game for the Wii. Hands down. I LOVE this game!

nVJoe
07-31-07, 04:55 PM
Best game for the Wii. Hands down. I LOVE this game!
You got it yesterday?! Will it have lasting appeal? That is my concern. I can see having fun for a bit but I want to play it for months.

tornadog
07-31-07, 04:58 PM
I have played it for a while. it truly shines in multiplayer. Its fun when all the players are equally bad :D I played with cousins in UK and the multiplayer was pretty stable from what I could tell.

nVJoe
07-31-07, 05:05 PM
Does it make good use of the wii-mote, or does it require a classic controller?
I hope it is just the classic style. Soccer is hard enough on computer games.

Zelda_fan
07-31-07, 05:07 PM
oh man I'm thinking of getting this today. I actually have a day off. But I haven't played video games in so long...

stncttr908
07-31-07, 06:45 PM
Mega Man Soccer > all

I might drop in and play a demo if I'm unfortunate enough to be in or around an EB Games.

Tygerwoody
07-31-07, 11:04 PM
You got it yesterday?! Will it have lasting appeal? That is my concern. I can see having fun for a bit but I want to play it for months.
Will it have lasting appeal? Depends on what you mean by lasting and if you are playing with friends. Its has as much lasting appeal as most any sports game. Its very fun, but like all sports games after a few weeks/months(depending on how often you play) it will get dull playing alone(i am speaking of single player. Obviously multiplayer will be alot better). There isn't much depth to the game. You can pretty much figure the entire game out within a few minutes. Doesn't take away from it being fun though.

Does it make good use of the wii-mote,
No actually it doesnt at all. The only time you use the wii mote is blocking goals when you are goaly. Thats it.

No it doesnt require a special controller.

Zelda_fan
08-01-07, 12:22 AM
I hate this game. Not because it's not fun. But because it infuriates the hell out of me. This game's hard! When I lost, I threw my controller at the wall so hard the batteries went flying out. This game gives me anger rage problems. I'm gonna sell it.

Any takers? If not if goes ebay tomorrow.

Badboy_12345
08-01-07, 02:37 AM
didnt this come out months ago? :confused:

Tygerwoody
08-01-07, 07:17 AM
I hate this game. Not because it's not fun. But because it infuriates the hell out of me. This game's hard! When I lost, I threw my controller at the wall so hard the batteries went flying out. This game gives me anger rage problems. I'm gonna sell it.

hah. Yea the game is kinda hard. Forgot to mention that :p

nemecb
08-01-07, 11:22 AM
didnt this come out months ago? :confused:
In the UK. It just came out in the US.

nVJoe
08-01-07, 12:40 PM

It has a huge learning curve the fit 15 minutes but after that it is very easy. My 8 year old was frustrated to but once it clicked, he won the first cup thinggie. :D I can still beat him tho and the game is a blast. I like how the controls work and I love shaking the wii controler to knock over other players when they are winding up for a power shot. LOL

Zelda_fan
08-01-07, 02:33 PM
It has a huge learning curve the fit 15 minutes but after that it is very easy. My 8 year old was frustrated to but once it clicked, he won the first cup thinggie. :D I can still beat him tho and the game is a blast. I like how the controls work and I love shaking the wii controler to knock over other players when they are winding up for a power shot. LOL

First cup is a joke. I beat that in 15 minutes. Crystal cup is when it gets hard.

nrdstrm
08-01-07, 10:20 PM
First cup is a joke. I beat that in 15 minutes. Crystal cup is when it gets hard.

LOL...Did you even read his post? He was saying his kid did it...Jeez...ROFL

tornadog
08-02-07, 01:55 AM
wow this game really makes me feel old. I tried single player and was doing pretty good in the first game when the enemy unleashed 3 consecutive megastrikes. I could just stop one of the hits, game ended 15-2. After that I stopped playing.

On a side note, anybody able to connect to online matches. I keep getting error retrieivng stats. I was able to connect fine with the European version, but cant get in with the US version.

Badboy_12345
08-02-07, 01:57 AM
In the UK. It just came out in the US.

nintendo released something in europe before US?? omg the world is at its end..... well I had a fun life :lol:

tornadog
08-03-07, 10:29 AM
anybody still playing it? NVJoe, how do you stop those mega strikes. Every game I lose because of the megastrikes. Also how do you charge up the mega strike meter, I always end up getting only 3 shots, while the the AI gets 5/6 all the time; and it stops most of my shots anyway. I am still stuck in the First Cup, won the 2 games and lost the remaining 4.