PDA

View Full Version : CRYSIS for consoles

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-31-07, 06:03 PM
Crysis could be on the 360 or PS3. It requires optimisation, that's what we've always communicated. What you would not do is make Crysis on PS3, 360 and PC for a single shipping date, because we would lose the quality focus. So I say, 'First PC version, then we'll see what happens'.

well it isnīt a yes or no but it opens that door abit well perhaps i can play it on PC first then 360 would be cool to compare them

well what ya all think is this a way to say PC gamers got robbed an a exclusive PC title....naah or?

six_storm
07-31-07, 06:18 PM
I don't think anyone would be "robbed" if Crysis went to consoles. We all know how Crytek is about making console ports (they are terrible).

stncttr908
07-31-07, 06:24 PM
Crytek didn't make the Far Cry console games. Ubi's studios did. Much like Valve is not handling the PS3 port of Team Fortress 2, but rather EA is.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-31-07, 06:26 PM
anyways would be nice to have crysis PC/360 :)

sl0ppy_sec0nds
07-31-07, 06:29 PM
The 360 would have a downgraded version to accommodate the limited memory it has and a graphics chip inferior to the 8800 series.

stncttr908
07-31-07, 06:31 PM
If anything it'd only serve as another soapbox for PC elitists to climb upon as far as I'm concerned.

six_storm
07-31-07, 06:34 PM
Crytek didn't make the Far Cry console games. Ubi's studios did. Much like Valve is not handling the PS3 port of Team Fortress 2, but rather EA is.

Oh well, FarCry for the XBOX and 360 sucked pretty bad.

stncttr908
07-31-07, 06:43 PM
Was Instincts for Xbox really that bad? I've only heard good things. The 360 version just looked too dated and probably could have used some updated textures an the like. The Wii version was just all around horrible.

muaddib
07-31-07, 06:44 PM
I don't think anyone would be "robbed" if Crysis went to consoles. We all know how Crytek is about making console ports (they are terrible).

CryTek never ported a PC game to consoles themselves. But they do have talent in choosing other teams to handle their games, because FarCry Instincts was one of the best ports ever made (until things got out of control, because the following games {except Evolution, which was OK} were pretty bad, with Vengeance being TERRIBLE).

Crysis for console could be great, and it would broaden its audience greatly, as 90% of the people do not own nearly as powerful enough PC's to handle such games...

Mr_LoL
07-31-07, 07:08 PM
It will go to consoles eventually as thats where the money is. Weren't Crytek advertising a position for a PS3 programmer a while back?

SH64
07-31-07, 08:19 PM
I think i've read somewhere before that Crysis is "consolable" , but won't be able to include all teh bells & whistles of the PC .. yeah not even all the DX9.0 features.

Eliminator
07-31-07, 08:45 PM
The 360 would have a downgraded version to accommodate the limited memory it has and a graphics chip inferior to the 8800 series.
well consoles are different.. with 512mb of ram you can do wonders... the gfx chip is actually pretty advanced especially if you consider when it came out.... its not quite a 8800 but its definitely not inferior... it has some DX10 features IIRC.. it also has low power consumption... not bad for a console that's only $300 (core)

3DBrad
07-31-07, 08:47 PM
Far Cry on the 360 looks horrible, I can only imagine what Crysis would look like. :p

six_storm
07-31-07, 09:42 PM
Was Instincts for Xbox really that bad? I've only heard good things. The 360 version just looked too dated and probably could have used some updated textures an the like. The Wii version was just all around horrible.

It was an ok game, but the graphics were terrible! Even the 360 version looked exactly the same as the XBOX version. Talk about a cheap/easy way to grab a buck. If they would've remodeled 1/2 the game for the 360, I believe it would've been a playable game.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
07-31-07, 09:51 PM
well consoles are different.. with 512mb of ram you can do wonders... the gfx chip is actually pretty advanced especially if you consider when it came out.... its not quite a 8800 but its definitely not inferior... it has some DX10 features IIRC.. it also has low power consumption... not bad for a console that's only $300 (core)

Of course they are different, regardless of the optimizations you could only do so much with fixed hardware. It could do well in confined corridors, but in sandbox games is where the memory limit takes toll. Oblivion for the 360 is a good example.

The Xenos' unified architecture is the only relation it has with DX10, other than that, it is far from being capable of using it.

ASUSEN7900GTX
08-01-07, 06:47 AM
well i guess if you could make full use of the 360 and ps3 then games would look pretty amazing look at god of war on PS2 that machineis well over 10 years old and that game looks pretty darn good for that old machine

so iīm sure Crysis can look pretty good on 360 and PS3 for what they can muster no they canīt be totally compared to PC then again the consoles donīt need alot of memory as they donīt need to handle all that PCīs do