PDA

View Full Version : Sin:Episodes

Quick420
08-01-07, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have any info on this game? The first one was called emergence and I really enjoyed it.They were supposed to be making more episodes but I havnt heard anything in a looooooong time.Dead project perhaps?:(

nemecb
08-01-07, 10:14 AM
IIRC they didn't make enough on the first one to make a second, so yeah it's a dead project unfortunately.

jAkUp
08-01-07, 11:24 AM
Yea its toast, didn't make enough to fund the development of the second.

3DBrad
08-01-07, 11:58 AM
They'll make one as soon as they make a good truck-driving game. :p

Stoneyguy
08-01-07, 12:10 PM
Not a big loss in my opinion. I played through the first and it was mildly enjoyable. Didn't care for it enough to wish for another. In fact I honestly can't remember how the first game ended now...

Quick420
08-01-07, 02:02 PM
I just ran through emergence again over the last couple days,playing all my old faves @1600x1200 on maximum difficulty is so much fun:) I'm more than a wee bit disappointed to hear there will be no more episodes:( I guess fakefactory cinematic mod will suffice for my re-run of HL2.

I had always thought sin:episodes sold well,the hype was huge before release.I really wanted to give the bitch Elexis Sinclair what she had cumming to her;)

BioHazZarD
08-01-07, 02:14 PM
first one sucked bigtime so its no wonder its history now.

nutcrackr
08-01-07, 05:42 PM
It wasn't that good but I didn't think it was horrible, the point with episodes is that they should make a few to improve things not just give up. A few of them left anyway after they got told they were making casual games :lol:

crainger
08-01-07, 06:22 PM
Don't worry. Your NEW local area Bigman loves SiN and is going to convince the dev guys to make another Episode. If not I'm going to annoy the hell out of them much like I do here. Unless they are in Canada... I'm not going there.

Not that I have anything against casual gaming. If it's anything like casual sex This Peece of steeak is all for it.

Your NEW local area Bigman. Balls going one way. Johnson going the other.

3DBrad
08-01-07, 08:06 PM
first one sucked bigtime so its no wonder its history now.

Yeah, it was like Serious Sam 2.

"Hey, I know, let's make a bunch of enemies run after you, that makes a fun game, no one needs story, just make more and more enemies run after you!"

Badboy_12345
08-02-07, 12:49 AM
sin emergency sucks.. what is there 3 types of enemies? and 3 types of weapons... wohooo
You just kill the same enemies over and over again with the same weapons and they dont stop coming.
The AI is crap also

No wonder that it didnt sell well

Badboy_12345
08-02-07, 12:51 AM
Yeah, it was like Serious Sam 2.

"Hey, I know, let's make a bunch of enemies run after you, that makes a fun game, no one needs story, just make more and more enemies run after you!"

but serious sam was actually fun :p

Rakeesh
08-02-07, 01:34 AM
Based on the video clips I saw of the sin episode, it looked like half life 2 with the sin storyline as a twist. Literally, they used much of the HL2 artwork in it.

crainger
08-02-07, 01:58 AM
Yeah. It was very HL2. I felt it showed a lot of promise though. The city scapes looked amazing. The gameplay was ok, but they tried to cover the bad HL2 AI by upping the hitpoints on the bad guys.

The tech behind the game was sound, it's just Ritual was Ritual I guess. Their downhill slide was very sad.