PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Offers 10 Pages List of Why You Shouldn't Use Their Video Cards with Vista

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

maxpaynez
08-01-07, 03:01 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-Offers-10-Pages-List-of-Why-You-Shouldn-039-t-Use-Their-Video-Cards-with-Vista-61658.shtml

SeriTonin
08-01-07, 03:02 PM

grey_1
08-01-07, 03:43 PM
+1

Q
08-01-07, 03:47 PM

I'm a big fan of morse code, as well.

.... .- ...- . -. .----. - - .... . -.-- -... . . -. .. -. -.-. .-.. ..- -.. .. -. --. . .-. .-. .- - .- .. -. -.. .-. .. ...- . .-. ... -.. --- -.-. ..- -- . -. - .- - .. --- -. ..-. --- .-. -.-- . .- .-. ... ..--..

Slammin
08-01-07, 03:56 PM
"We are sorry, there are no opinions available for this article."

Brinkman
08-01-07, 04:20 PM
"We are sorry, there are no opinions available for this article."
how convenient

Electronic Punk
08-01-07, 05:25 PM
I'd rather see detailed release notes that nothing at all, an acknowlegement of features currently missing from Vista is encouraging as it shows they aren't sweeping things under the carpet.

As much as people try and whine about it, Vista drivers have come a hell of a long way in the last 8 months.

grey_1
08-01-07, 05:30 PM
I'd rather see detailed release notes that nothing at all, an acknowlegement of features currently missing from Vista is encouraging as it shows they aren't sweeping things under the carpet.

As much as people try and whine about it, Vista drivers have come a hell of a long way in the last 8 months.
Exactly. I think I've been jaded by all the Nvidia slamming lately, hence the earlier response.

J-Mag
08-01-07, 05:37 PM
I'm a big fan of morse code, as well.

.... .- ...- . -. .----. - - .... . -.-- -... . . -. .. -. -.-. .-.. ..- -.. .. -. --. . .-. .-. .- - .- .. -. -.. .-. .. ...- . .-. ... -.. --- -.-. ..- -- . -. - .- - .. --- -. ..-. --- .-. -.-- . .- .-. ... ..--..

HAVEN'T THEY BEEN INCLUDING ERRATA IN DRIVERS DOCUMENTATION FOR YEARS?

LOL!

Brinkman
08-01-07, 05:39 PM
3.11's rock the casbah

nekrosoft13
08-01-07, 06:25 PM
who ever wrote that article is a ****ing idiot

SH64
08-01-07, 06:44 PM
Thats why i'm not using Vista yet.

Fats_43
08-01-07, 06:48 PM
Thats why i'm not using Vista yet.

ahh, ignorance at it's best!

Dragunov
08-01-07, 06:48 PM
At least we know Nvidia knows about the issues if they write it down in such a clear and detailed Release Note

I still have faith in Nvidia ... mid-september new driver what normally fixes the slowdowns some people get when playing a while

SH64
08-01-07, 06:54 PM
Maybe you need to understand before you give such a response or maybe i didnt make myself clear.
anyways what i meant that new OS's will always give troubles with new display drivers. i'm happy with Nvidia's performance & compatability under DX9.0 & will not venture into DX10 until its rock-solid stable.

nekrosoft13
08-01-07, 07:10 PM

would have to agree

Bokishi
08-01-07, 07:40 PM
Yeah just installed Vista last night and I'm actually quite happy with it.

Mr_LoL
08-01-07, 07:54 PM
Dual booting ftw!!! Why more people don't do this is beyond me.

nekrosoft13
08-01-07, 08:12 PM
when one OS (vista) works perfectly for me, why would i bother with dual booting (installing multiple programs, rebooting from one OS to another

is way beyond comprehension.

maxpaynez
08-01-07, 08:28 PM

FTW- same here. Vista just ain't game day ready.

when one OS (vista) works perfectly for me, why would i bother with dual booting (installing multiple programs, rebooting from one OS to another

Vista doesn't work perfectly for everyone. But is that beyond your comprehension too?

lduguay
08-01-07, 08:54 PM

:headexplode:

WeReWoLf
08-01-07, 09:03 PM
More FUD to spread about Vista, DX10 and Nvidia. That is all. The article was almost certainly written by an ati fanboy.

maxpaynez
08-01-07, 09:26 PM
More FUD to spread about Vista, DX10 and Nvidia. That is all. The article was almost certainly written by an ati fanboy.

Do you really think an ATI fanboy would waste the time to dig through release notes from Nvidia drivers? Yea, that must be it. C'mon guys.

WeReWoLf
08-01-07, 10:15 PM
Yes, they've done it before.

OliverRedfox
08-01-07, 10:20 PM
It just all around FUD. As for being posted by an ATI fanboy, I doubt it (but anything is possible), given that ATI's driver release notes list tons of issues too. I've got Vista on 2 computers with nVidia in one & ATI in the other. They both have their good points and bad points. But so far, I've had to report errors/flaws to both nVidia & ATI, and I've had decent responses when dealing with both companie's customer services. Overall, I'm really impressed with how most companies are dealing with their Vista drivers. I remember back when Windows 2000 came out and it was a long time until I had decent drivers. For 8 months in, Vista's driver's are coming along nicely.