PDA

View Full Version : OVERLORD.....My favorite new game!!!

malachi1313
08-02-07, 12:06 AM
It reminds me of a cross between Fable and pikmin and is really fun!!! I like it because of the humor and different type of gameplay. I love how those little buggers ransack everything in sight. If you want to try something engrossing and addictive give it a shot.

DRen72
08-02-07, 07:38 AM
+1, Excellent game.
Same people that made Fable, thus the similar looking environments.

nekrosoft13
08-02-07, 08:01 AM
yeah, just wished it was a bit longer

malachi1313
08-02-07, 03:03 PM
+1, Excellent game.
That explains it.

Jon
08-02-07, 03:42 PM
yeah, just wished it was a bit longer

Me too... although I'm tempted to play again as evil evil as opposed to errrrr good evil!

Reynaldo
08-02-07, 06:52 PM
+1, Excellent game.

Fable was made by Lionhead studios, published by Microsoft. Overlord was made by Triumph Studios, published by Codemasters, using a completely original engine. They have absolutely no relation. They do look very similar though.

delas52
08-02-07, 07:11 PM
Fable was made by Lionhead studios, published by Microsoft. Overlord was made by Triumph Studios, published by Codemasters, using a completely original engine. They have absolutely no relation. They do look very similar though.

Yea I didn't think Lionhead did Overlord.

saguy
08-06-07, 10:10 AM
I would have ignored this game based on the reviews, but because I use metaboli (unlimited monthly subscription gaming) I thought I would give it a try. I am pleasantly surprised as its better than I was led to believe. Yeah it's simplistic but it is in a good way. What I like most is that its got a whole lot of character which is something lacking in allot of games.

breathemetal
08-06-07, 10:42 AM
Overlord is a great game
Fable is by far my favorite rpg of all time, with Oblivion and Morrowind coming in right after it...

And Overlord follows them, great game, great storyline, good humor, good graphics. I loved every second of it. (except when i'd lose control of my minions due to some weird control glitch lol)

Hopefully they make a sequel (the ending really made it look like there would be other installments) I hope there is.

Now I'm waiting for Fable 2. God, that games going to kick serious ass.

nekrosoft13
08-06-07, 10:50 AM
i also have that control glitch, happened about 4 times in the entire game. Camera changes position and minion control is not responsive.

breathemetal
08-06-07, 11:39 AM
Thinking about all this rpg goodness makes me want to install oblivion again and get the 4+ dvds of mods I have running smoothly haha