PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV delayed until 2008

mrrolf
08-02-07, 04:32 PM
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Provides Financial Update
Launch of Grand Theft Auto IV Now Planned for Fiscal 2008

Conference Call Set for 5:30 pm ET Today

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today announced revised revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2007.
Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008. Additionally, Take-Two is updating third quarter and fiscal year 2007 guidance to reflect the movement of Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and the Wii™ out of the third quarter and the fiscal year.

six_storm
08-02-07, 04:38 PM
I guess delaying a game IS a popular thing to do! :D Oh well, I wouldn't have the money for it anyways. Damn Take-Two.

ENU291
08-02-07, 04:39 PM
Damn... this is BAD news. :(

Lyme
08-02-07, 04:43 PM

Better to have a done title than a halfassed title. In the grand scheme of things it hurts the ps3 more than the 360.

J-Mag
08-02-07, 04:44 PM

When was the last time you had a highly anticipated game come out the same year that the first preview is shown?

toxikneedle
08-02-07, 04:48 PM
Rockstar is usually good on their dates. That's why they never show the game way in advance.

S.I.N
08-02-07, 05:13 PM
****!! I really wanted this game like now. I had so much fun with SA I was really looking forward to this.:(

Marvel_us
08-02-07, 05:16 PM
Doesn't surprise me.

ENU291
08-02-07, 05:25 PM
Well... I'm a bit dissappointed but the end of 07 is chock FULL of promising titles so not having a new GTA this year isn't that bad.

Apollo 13
08-02-07, 05:45 PM
Better to have a done title than a halfassed title. In the grand scheme of things it hurts the ps3 more than the 360.

I don't see how...Peter Moore was the one bragging about the 360's line up including Halo and GTA 4. It's hurts both systems not just one. The PS3 and 360 still have a nice line up of games coming this fall. The question is will any of them actually be good?

Mr_LoL
08-02-07, 06:01 PM
Oh well. More time to get a PS3 I suppose.

tornadog
08-02-07, 06:26 PM
OH that sux!! I was looking forward to see GTA going back to the original gangster theme. I hated the whole ghetto themed San Andreas. It was too close to real life. GTA has been abt over the top violence and mayhem for me.

S.I.N
08-02-07, 06:30 PM
OH that sux!! I was looking forward to see GTA going back to the original gangster theme. I hated the whole ghetto themed San Andreas. It was too close to real life. GTA has been abt over the top violence and mayhem for me.

Hate to break it to you but mobsters and the triad are real.:o

NAZCA M12
08-02-07, 06:30 PM
Very weird. Correct me if i'm wrong, but whenever Rockstar delayed one of the previous GTA games, it was always for 1 week iirc. In fact, i was waiting for that 1 week delay to be announced for GTA4 as well just to be consistent with that habbit of theirs, but this? :( It's a bummer. It's ironic too, as i just restarted playing San Andreas a few days ago and i'm modding the hell out of it, in terms of cars. Big Smoke and Ryder ftw :D

delas52
08-02-07, 07:07 PM
Not happy but there's more than enough other games to fill the void GTA IV has left.

crainger
08-02-07, 09:19 PM

So a kid from the 'ghetto' learning to fly and parachute from Aircaft, stealing military hardware and conducting a war with remote controlled tanks; In the space of a week or so is real life to you?

I'd hate to see your reaction to a GTA where CJ was shot dead in the cemetary drive by at the start of the game.

Amuro
08-02-07, 10:06 PM
Well... I'm a bit dissappointed but the end of 07 is chock FULL of promising titles so not having a new GTA this year isn't that bad.
Exactly. At least we'll have more time to digest other games. I just don't want any delays with UT3, Crysis and Frontlines Fuel of War. All other games can delay all they want.

Lyme
08-02-07, 10:32 PM
I don't see how...Peter Moore was the one bragging about the 360's line up including Halo and GTA 4. It's hurts both systems not just one. The PS3 and 360 still have a nice line up of games coming this fall. The question is will any of them actually be good?

I did infer it hurts both systems, however the 360 has a bigger lineup in the near future while the PS3 is a little spotty.

Amuro
08-02-07, 10:56 PM
I did infer it hurts both systems, however the 360 has a bigger lineup in the near future while the PS3 is a little spotty.
Actually, it hurts the 360 more. Anyone interested in the game but doesn't own either console will likely purchase a 360 for it due to the exlusive downloadable content.

nrdstrm
08-03-07, 12:34 AM
I like the GTA series, but it usually holds my attention for no more than a few hours...Sure I'd like to play it sooner rather than later, but it's a Rental for me anyway...So oh well...

slick
08-03-07, 12:57 AM
Eh, this is almost a good thing for me. There's so many games coming out this holiday season isn't ridiculous. At least the wallet will be a little happier.

Bman212121
08-04-07, 02:40 PM
I'm a SAD panda. :cry: I pre-ordered my copy about 2 weeks ago since they set a date.