PDA

View Full Version : Starting a game fullscreen on second monitor

de><ta
08-03-07, 01:42 PM
Does any one know how to start up a game in full screen mode on the secondary monitor instead of the primary monitor?

I want to play Doom 3 on my large HD TV, that is acting as the secondary monitor but every time I start doom 3 it starts of fullscreen on my primary display. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

lumpyhed
08-03-07, 04:40 PM
Its generally upto the game i.e Oblivion gives you the choice, Lost Planet lets you (on vista at least) drag it windowed to the secondary then fullscreen it there.

Camp0rz
08-03-07, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure if dragging it will work, but give it a try anyway.

What I do is just disable my primary monitor/tv in the drivers and make my second monitor the only and primary display device.

lumpyhed
08-04-07, 04:51 AM
That should work just fine. Actually i had thought - had a go with ultramon? That might be able to control certain programs going to certain screens for ya.

de><ta
08-04-07, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the help. I will give ultramon a shot soon.

At present I am disabling the extended screen and using the HDTV as the primary.

I tried to minimize and do drag it over, but Doom 3 needs to be restarted every time its video settings changed. And it does not restart back on the second monitor.

jolle
08-04-07, 11:14 AM
I belive you can use vid_restart in D3 to restart only the renderer, might work.

They should put a feature into Nview to allow you to set which monitor to start things up, perhaps a "launch on secondary monitor" option if you rightclick a .exe or shortcut...
or maybe in the 3d applications thingie, per app setting.

Q
08-04-07, 11:28 AM
Ultramon.

jcrox
08-04-07, 11:33 AM
You can't just go into the control panel and make the tv your primary monitor?