PDA

View Full Version : Will a MAC keyboard work on a PC??

malachi1313
08-03-07, 05:23 PM
They just look so damn cool and they have the usb port built into it for the mouse. You usually have to pay at least a hundred bux to get that with a regular keyboard. Anyone ever tried it??

einstein_314
08-03-07, 06:22 PM
Yup. They work just fine.

radekhulan
08-03-07, 07:08 PM
USB hubs in keyboards are (many times) useless. When I connected G5 mouse and HTC TyTN sync station to my Logitech G15 kbd, I experienced random disconnects of KBD and mouse .. Plugging them into monitor, which has powered USB hub, solved the problem.

crainger
08-03-07, 07:44 PM
USB hubs in keyboards are (many times) useless. When I connected G5 mouse and HTC TyTN sync station to my Logitech G15 kbd, I experienced random disconnects of KBD and mouse .. Plugging them into monitor, which has powered USB hub, solved the problem.

They aren't usless, just not for decives which draw a fair bit of power. A PDA does as it charges off the USB. Disable USB charging in WM5 would stop the disconnects. But as you fixed it with a powered hub... Why bother? :D

six_storm
08-04-07, 12:29 AM
The only bad thing about the USB port in the Mac keyboard is that it will only do USB 1.1 speeds, not 2.0. I don't remember the exact speeds because I plainly don't give a crap.

radekhulan
08-04-07, 05:19 AM
They aren't usless, just not for decives which draw a fair bit of power. A PDA does as it charges off the USB. Disable USB charging in WM5 would stop the disconnects. But as you fixed it with a powered hub... Why bother? :D

It did happen with only G5 mouse connected. G15 itself, with its LCD and backlitten keys, takes so much power that USB hub in it is simply useless.