PDA

View Full Version : Check out my "modded" GeForce FX Ultra!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
04-03-03, 08:26 PM
lol well not really.... but... the back heatsink gets so hot.... i decided to experiment... hehe i stuck an orb cooler right on the back... im still too scared to overclock though:D anyone else had luck overclocking a geforcefx ultra??
sorry no close pics... my case falls apart if i take off the cover..;)hehe heres all i got:

http://slimshady1692000.homestead.com/files/sys1.JPG

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=97705

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=98262

lukar
04-03-03, 08:28 PM
You 3dmark score is a crap....

jAkUp
04-03-03, 08:30 PM
lol nearly 5,500 3dmarks is a bad score??? hehe i think not... last i checked i was ranked number one for same class system without an overclocked fsb.

INNOVISION
04-03-03, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by lukar

Lets see if you can do any better. Until you can prove that your score is better...dont flame other peoples.

lukar
04-03-03, 08:37 PM
I have 5300 with Radeon 9700Pro :)

lukar
04-03-03, 08:38 PM
And 16173 in 3d Mark01

jAkUp
04-03-03, 08:38 PM
why dont you post it then???

lukar
04-03-03, 08:40 PM
This is with p4 2.8!

But! I had p4 2.4 till a few weeks ago, and score in 3dMark 01 was 14100 with non overclocked Radeon 9700Pro, and 5023 in 3dMark 03

lukar
04-03-03, 08:41 PM
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6249767
3dMark 2001SE

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=531473
3dMark 03

jAkUp
04-03-03, 08:43 PM
holy ****!! you got 300 3dmarks more than me in 3dmark 2k1!!! ummmm... no. if my score sucks than yours does too cuz its only 300 3dmarks... i could restart my computer and get score higher than yours... they are close. not to mention i win in the 3dmark 2k3 section... i am still saying post your score though... i still see no proof.

edit: lolololol!!! i almost beat your 3dmark2k3 score!! and you have a 2.8ghz!! anways... dont come in here flaming. your scores are expected.. you have a 2.8ghz for gods sake! jesus christ....

lukar
04-03-03, 08:46 PM
I have almost 3000 points more in 3dMark01. But, I have faster CPU. Because of that, compare the nature score, and all way down, because it's not depending on CPU. As you see Radeon 9700Pro beats GFX in most tests. Come on 500Mhz > 350Mhz

jAkUp
04-03-03, 08:51 PM
Come on 500Mhz > 350Mhz
Come on... 256bit bus > 128bit bus

anyways...sorry... 3dmark 2k1 is heavly cpu and memory dependent.. thats why you have the higher score... 3dmark 2k3 is more valid in comparing video cards... where its pretty much all video card based, where i beat you by 6fps in the nature test if thats what you wanna compare. if you wanna compare over all i beat yours by 400 3dmarks

Sazar
04-03-03, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
lol well not really.... but... the back heatsink gets so hot.... i decided to experiment... hehe i stuck an orb cooler right on the back... im still too scared to overclock though:D anyone else had luck overclocking a geforcefx ultra??
sorry no close pics... my case falls apart if i take off the cover..;)hehe heres all i got:

its already overclocked as is m8... don't worry bout oc'ing it further :D

btw... no harm in adding extra cooling... I would probably have done the same mod... not only does it look decent... it is also practical :)

hang on for the oc'ing if you are not sure... wait for the other lads to do it... its not a cheap piece of silicon out there

ASCI Blue
04-03-03, 10:31 PM
My p3n0s is bigger than both u rs! :rolleyes2: :nana:

jAkUp
04-03-03, 10:31 PM
post it :p

Unit01
04-04-03, 01:26 AM
Cough WHQL drivers Cough, Cough Nv drivers Cough
extra Cough for fun :D :p :D :p

SurfMonkey
04-04-03, 01:45 AM
But did your modding have any difference on the temperature? And has it had any effect on your ambient case temp?

Oh, and it's always best to ignore butt nuggets who intentionally set out to offend with comment like

And it is no good engaging them in a battle of wits either because they are obviously unarmed.

Dazz
04-04-03, 04:31 AM
Ok you people shut up about the score, can we have a closer look at the card it's a bit hard to see though the LED lit window. Whats that on the back of the card a HSF or just a heatsink?

Captain Beige
04-04-03, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
Ok you people shut up about the score, can we have a closer look at the card it's a bit hard to see though the LED lit window. Whats that on the back of the card a HSF or just a heatsink?

maybe you should read the first post :rolleyes:

Hanners
04-04-03, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Captain Beige
jakup your 3dmarks are indeed crap since your card is 7 months newer. and what drivers were you using?

oh and aaaaaaahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @ having to add another fan to it since it's already got the dustbuster

Methinks some people here need to grow up a little bit. :bleh:

Dazz
04-04-03, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Captain Beige
maybe you should read the first post :rolleyes: I can't really imagine it falling apart by taking off the case lid myself :D

Onde Pik
04-04-03, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
edit: lolololol!!! i almost beat your 3dmark2k3 score!! and you have a 2.8ghz!! anways... dont come in here flaming. your scores are expected.. you have a 2.8ghz for gods sake! jesus christ....

Well try again using a driver that render properbly. Its not that hard to gain performance if you don't do all the work.

Kruno
04-04-03, 05:53 AM
7,500 Onions in 3dmark2003. ;)

No one comes close. :lol:

RobHague
04-04-03, 08:00 AM
Hey nice mod jAkUp - is it fixed onto it or just sitting on it?

I have a exhaust directley at the back of mine and 2 case fans at the front so i didnt really feel the need to add any extra cooling too it. It should have sufficiant cooling to start with.

Btw why has this turned into a "post your 3dmark score and bash the FX" yet again? :rolleyes: Give me a T, give me an R, give me a O and give me two \ /'s

jAkUp
04-04-03, 09:58 AM
its actually supposed to be just a regular vga cooler... it has some thermal tape on the back... so its pretty much fixed. at lan partys or something it might fall off.. lol i dunno yet. it looks like it has a heatsink all around, and a fan in the middle... it does an ok job, lowers the temp by about 5 degrees on full load. the big advantage is it cools the geforcefx down alot quicker when exiting 3dmode. that heatsink used to stay hot for about 30min... now after about 10 its just warm. as for the ambient temp, i havent noticed an increase at all...

and yes... it should have suffiecent cooling... should, but i was afraid nvidia skimped a little on cooling in an effort to bring the noise level down... people were already complaining before it even shipped.... plus in 2d mode it has no fan to speak of at all. that one i put on stays on all the time.

about my 3dmark score... the point isnt whether mine is rendering everything correctly or not... the point is lukar seems he got a higher score than my supposed "hacked" drivers when he was using a 2.8ghz...

and when i get home today i will take the side off and post some pictures. the case doesnt really fall apart:) hehe just some of the wires get messed up cuz i tried too hard to hide them:D but it only takes a second to fix it again.