View Full Version : ID games on Steam

Sazar
08-05-07, 11:57 AM
Seems like the ID library is now available on Steam :D

SWEET !!!

:afro:

grey_1
08-05-07, 12:36 PM
Every single one of them! Thanks for the heads up Sazar..first thing I saw was RTCW and I always regretted getting rid of the disc.

:D

MASTERS LEVELS Doom 2! LoL! kid in a candy store. :cool:

Sazar
08-05-07, 12:54 PM
Quake 4 was done by someone else? Didn't see it on the list, but all the other quakes are there.

|MaguS|
08-05-07, 12:54 PM
Raven did Quake 4 as they also did Heretic 2.

six_storm
08-07-07, 10:14 AM
Steam rocks. I'm glad there is an online library like that so you can download games you've purchased any time you want. Now with classics like Doom, Quake and Heretic, just makes it even better.

Namrok
08-07-07, 10:19 AM
I'm such an ID *****. Bought the entire catalog. Sure I already owned most of them, but I've long since lost the CDs. Plus I never owned the expansion packs.

I do wish it had Quake 4 and Heretic 2, but maybe those will show up later.

six_storm
08-07-07, 10:36 AM
I'm such an ID *****. Bought the entire catalog. Sure I already owned most of them, but I've long since lost the CDs. Plus I never owned the expansion packs.

I do wish it had Quake 4 and Heretic 2, but maybe those will show up later.

Nice! I'm surprised that Quake 4 isn't included in the package though. Oh well. I'm really debating on buying the Doom package. Doom is one of my favorite games of all time! And $36 isn't bad at all.

Namrok
08-07-07, 11:33 AM
Nice! I'm surprised that Quake 4 isn't included in the package though. Oh well. I'm really debating on buying the Doom package. Doom is one of my favorite games of all time! And $36 isn't bad at all.

I really wish it had Heretic 2. That was a great game, better than I think it was ever given credit for. Oh well, I should have the CD somewhere... maybe...

six_storm
08-07-07, 01:00 PM
The reason why Quake 4 isn't on there is because Raven Software did it, not id. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the Doom package or not . . .

Sazar
08-07-07, 07:44 PM
The reason why Quake 4 isn't on there is because Raven Software did it, not id. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the Doom package or not . . .

I got it :)

You sort of have to wait for ROE to finish dl'ing and then, for the first bootup of the game, startup ROE, click mods and select Doom or ROE and then you're all kosher after that.

I originally played @ 1680x1050. Loving it @ 1920x1200 :D

I finished both last night (after purchasing on Sunday). Yay ;)

And yes, the story's suck donkey balls. But it was more fun this time round ;)

bugmeplz
08-07-07, 07:52 PM
I got it :)

You sort of have to wait for ROE to finish dl'ing and then, for the first bootup of the game, startup ROE, click mods and select Doom or ROE and then you're all kosher after that.

I originally played @ 1680x1050. Loving it @ 1920x1200 :D

I finished both last night (after purchasing on Sunday). Yay ;)

And yes, the story's suck donkey balls. But it was more fun this time round ;)

ah, a fellow lover of Doom. yeah, the stories have always been really bad heh, its part of the Doom charm.

i approve of anyone buying the Doom package.. theres lots of fun to be had not only with Doom 3 but the originals.. great stuff

AngelGraves13
08-07-07, 08:57 PM
Now bring on RAGE to Steam baby, yeah!

Dragunov
08-08-07, 12:32 PM
I still want to buy my games in a store

Sazar
08-08-07, 03:16 PM
I still want to buy my games in a store

I just don't have the time to do that :(

I check out the videos, the reviews and BLAM, I can buy/install/play and never have to worry about discs scratching and all that jazz :D

Good stuff, once you get to it.