PDA

View Full Version : Visual artifacts with Leadtek Ti4800 SE

The Punisher
04-03-03, 10:53 PM
Just recently I got myself a Leadtek Ti4800 128MB DDR 8x AGP card, downloaded the new 43.45 detonator & I'm having some very weird problems which I didn't have with my old Leadtek GF2 MX 64MB running on the 41.07 & 30.82 drivers. First I noticed random pixels blinking on my desktop (Win98SE), which I solved by running in 32bit color instead of 16bit. Then I noticed that AA wasn't working!!! All the horrible jaggies are still there even with Quincunx AA. 2x & 4x yielded same results (where's the Accuview AA nVidia mentioned???). The slow down from having AA & anistropy on or off is evident in 3DMark scores but Splinter Cell, Medal of Honor & other games don't. I hope its not caused by my 4x AGP m/board. Please help me anybody !!!

rclenhardt
04-05-03, 07:58 PM
It is the driver. I would recommend that you switch to the 41.09 driver instead.

The Punisher
04-06-03, 10:59 PM
I just found out that the bloody blinking pixels problem "ONLY" appears if I quick restart my system. Full restarting seems to be the only way to prevent the problem. Very frustrating as I'm very used to quick restarting my PC :(