PDA

View Full Version : Antec Nine Hundred or Aplus Twin Engine Case?

ATOJAR
08-07-07, 05:27 AM
Hi, im after you guys opinion on these two gaming cases, im wanting to know what you think would be the best for cooling and future proof? ... im more thinking that the Aplus Twin Engine Case will cool better and looks better than the Antec, what do you think?

Aplus Twin Engine Case - Front 250mm Blue LED Fan, Side 250mm Fan :- http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123912

Antec Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan :- http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/118268

Elegy
08-07-07, 06:59 AM
The A+ case looks really good in theory but I've only seen one review site actually comment on how the fans actually affect the temperatures of the components.

The Antec case on the other hand has been reviewed by many sites and the cooling system has been shown to very effective.

Both cases offer above average cooling systems though so both should be able to handle current and future technology. If it were up to me, I'd go with the A+ case if I had midrange equipment and Antec if I had highend. I simply wouldn't want to risk it so I'd pick the case with plenty of reviews.

Tr1cK
08-07-07, 07:59 AM
Antec.

gigapower
08-07-07, 08:47 AM
I took a look at the Nine Hundred last night, it was sitting next to the P182SE...the P182SE put it to shame in terms of build quality.

stncttr908
08-07-07, 09:01 AM
They're both ugly as sin, but I'm pretty partial to Antec generally.

Libertysyclone
08-07-07, 09:22 AM
I own a A+ (Xclio) Twin engine, and love it. My only complaint was the side door build quality. Its good, but not great.

Xclio=FULL TOWER! no matter what the site says, its big! I find it a lot easier to work on than my old mid tower. I did have to move the side fan to the outside to make my tuniq tower fit.

They both move a lot of air, the Antec has a little more noise.

If you get the Xclio dont get the one with the 360mm side fan, those fans dont perform very well.

I'll see if I can get some pictures up tonite of my case if you want to see one full of crap.

XDanger
08-07-07, 04:32 PM
I bought my p180 from ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=0&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X2dhbGxlcnk=&product_uid=91721
But its not that case, its more like a p182, Im still confused over it.

PaiN
08-07-07, 05:33 PM
I've tried the 900, twice...and both times it ended up returned to Best-Buy in favor of the little CM Centurion532 I have now...
The 900 actually had less space, was a bitch to work with and cable\wire management was a nightmare..Antec left absolutely noplace to run wiring.
I laugh at all the great reviews the 900 got around the web.....

jcrox
08-07-07, 06:01 PM
I've tried the 900, twice...and both times it ended up returned to Best-Buy in favor of the little CM Centurion532 I have now...
The 900 actually had less space, was a bitch to work with and cable\wire management was a nightmare..Antec left absolutely noplace to run wiring.
I laugh at all the great reviews the 900 got around the web.....

Weird, I have lots of room to work, it cools great and hiding my wiring was fairly easy. I like it a lot more than my old Thermaltake Black Armor case.

PaiN
08-07-07, 07:32 PM
Hiding the wires is easy...if you dont mind sticking them in the drive bay, where they are clearly seen through the side window and if you happen to have a GTX(or two) you can squish the PSU wires in with the HDs since with full size cards most of the middle bays are blocked. Lets talk about all the lines that need to be connected to the board and cards.....the fact that Antec design no place to run them from the bottom, so they basicly have stick out like dead weeds in the window. Yet another great design, use old molex connectors on all four case fans......yet some more wires that have to somehow be routed to the PSU cable, they always look nice hanging around in a case....
The other pleasures of the 900 are the 8 fine thumb screw attched bays and the ease getting drives in & out. Let's not forget the obnoxious noise level with even one fan on anything but low....

No I don't like Antec 900's at all