PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Update?

MaUiLoCaL
08-07-07, 09:47 AM
Well my Nintendo Wii was glowing blue all morning long.:D I sure have not seen it do that in some weeks. Anyone know what may have been updated today? Perhaps it is an update to get the Wii ready to have the new channel announced at E3 called "Check Mii Out".

I :luv: the blue glow it's teh pretty! (nana2)

tornadog
08-07-07, 10:05 AM
does it happen even when its on standby?

christos
08-07-07, 10:37 AM
No new channels.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86955

Post #6 has details.

MaUiLoCaL
08-07-07, 10:49 AM
No new channels.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86955

Post #6 has details.

Nice Thanks.:D Woooooooooooooooowowowo a digital clock on the Wii!:captnkill:;)

Channels:
- Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
- Forecast Channel now displays the current condition directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
- News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
- Message Board now has the "Today's Accomplishments" message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
- Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B but only to empty spaces.
- Calendar in Message Board no longer shows "Today's Accomplishment"
- Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel
- New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost. The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
- Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
- New ways to browse
- Popular Titles
- Newest Additions remains the same
- Search for a title which can use partial names
- Search by Category
- Search by Publisher
- Search by Genre
- System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each

Settings
- Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds.

nrdstrm
08-07-07, 10:54 AM
Well my Nintendo Wii was glowing blue all morning long.:D I sure have not seen it do that in some weeks. Anyone know what may have been updated today? Perhaps it is an update to get the Wii ready to have the new channel announced at E3 called "Check Mii Out".

I :luv: the blue glow it's teh pretty! (nana2)

Mine was glowing this morning too...I thought I left it on...:o

tornadog
08-08-07, 09:48 AM
This point seems curious to me.

"Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds."

Feels like Nintendo is working on some way to disable modded consoles. Would be great if they could do that. Right now theres way too many (lee63) playing Mario Strikers Charged online :thumbdwn: