PDA

View Full Version : Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 09:57 AM
I don't think that I'm the only one who have problems with graw2...
I've tryed the 93.71 driver and the new ones with no luck...
Have anybody fond a solution??
-PLEASE tell me!!

PS: GRAW2 was even better than GRAW I LOVE it but CAN'T play it:(
(I am on the second mission on ACT II and I'm tired of that my pc reboots or that the screen turns brown!!)

My spesifications: geforce 6600, XP Home, AMD Athlon 2.19 GHz, 1GB RAM (fujitsu siemens scaelo P (no modifications exept my graphic card))

Eliminator
08-08-07, 10:09 AM
works fine here on 93.81

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 10:21 AM
works fine here on 93.81
have you done anything special??
where can you download 93.81??

Are you running MP or SP??
The problem accrue in SP mode...

DRen72
08-08-07, 10:29 AM
Your issue is not a driver problem but something else.

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 10:33 AM
Your issue is not a driver problem but something else.
You sure??
I'm having the same problem as a duzin others!!

Eliminator
08-08-07, 10:35 AM
im running SP... here is the 93.81
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1526

Demanufakture
08-08-07, 02:49 PM
There is no problem with the game. It is Nvidia's drivers. The 93.71 and 93.81 drivers work flawlessly with GRAW2. GRIN, the developers of GRAW2 pc, are fully aware of the issue and have informed Nvidia. Nvidia is aware of the problem and will fix it in a future driver release. If you can't run the game with the 93.71 or 93.81 driver then your problem is something else and not the games fault.

ASUSEN7900GTX
08-08-07, 02:58 PM
@TomClancy

have you checked your CPu and GOU fans are they spinning as they should sounds like a overheat problem.

otherwise i donīt really know check your system is it running heaslthy (virus spyware overheating) such things could make these things occure

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 06:20 PM
@TomClancy

have you checked your CPu and GOU fans are they spinning as they should sounds like a overheat problem.

otherwise i donīt really know check your system is it running heaslthy (virus spyware overheating) such things could make these things occure
No overheating! my CPU shows 40 degrees celsius all the time...
I doubt that I have any viruses\spyware on my computer (running norton 360 VERY good protection!!)
when I'm not working i use 1 GHz (stabile) so there is'nt any program that eats up my CPU.
Did you mean GPU (not GOU..)?
My GPU does not have a fan...

EDIT: My CPU fan is spinning correctly...

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 06:26 PM
I've installed the 168.18 driver for a while ago, but I removed it and installed 93.83.
Could 168.18 not been totaly removed or something??
PS: when i had the 168.18 driver installed on my comp I tryed to turn off all the dynamic **** but it did not fix the bug...

Tom Clancy
08-08-07, 06:53 PM
My pc reboots only when I'm running 168.xx drivers.
When I use 93.xx drivers my screnn turns brown and I have to close it using my task manager

Tom Clancy
08-09-07, 05:16 PM
I'm using multiply monitors... Can that effect it??

Tom Clancy
08-10-07, 06:03 AM
I'm using multiply monitors... Can that effect it??
Now I turned off one of my monitors...
I still crashes but now it at last shows an error message...:

Fri Aug 10 11:41:50 2007

Crash in application version: 30292.2673

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:
graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: normal
Physics : threaded

ynnek
08-10-07, 07:11 AM
I use 158.22 for my 8800GTS. Played multiplayer hours on end with no crashes.

The new 162 has a shadow bug in GRAW2.

If that doesn't work, try updating your ageia drivers. (even if you don't have the hardware)

Demanufakture
08-10-07, 11:59 AM
Now I turned off one of my monitors...
I still crashes but now it at last shows an error message...:

Fri Aug 10 11:41:50 2007

Crash in application version: 30292.2673

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:
graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: normal
Physics : threaded

Don't know what's wrong with your system because I can play GRAW2 sp and mp all day and never crash. Good luck trying to hunt down the problem you are having.

Tom Clancy
08-11-07, 06:17 PM
Don't know what's wrong with your system because I can play GRAW2 sp and mp all day and never crash. Good luck trying to hunt down the problem you are having.
thanks!!
I need that...
I'm not sure if i manage to fix it myself...
Maybe I have to wait for Nvidia or Ubisoft to fix it...

easyrider
08-11-07, 07:17 PM
It's a graw2 issue, the game is badly bugged, and more than a few are haveing issues. Some play it fine, some do not, and from what I have researched, it is a 50/50 thing, because as stated, this guy crashes, as I have seen posted more than just this forums, but many forums. I to have issues with graw2, only mine is a SLOW fps issue, I get max of 10-15fps. I have tried numerous drivers, updated everything on my system, tried multiple things, and still have had no luck to this day getting graw2 to play smoothly. Everything off, 1024x768 6-15fps, everything on, same thing, medium settings, same thing, it's the same slow fps issue no matter what. I have asked many placed and forums, and with no luck to this day.
I have also seen people with core2 duo, 8800 video cards, and they to get the exact same issue, google slow fps in graw2 or something similar, and you'll see forums of people that have the same issue.
This is the only game that I have issues with, and seeing as how I am not the only one with this issue, and have seen Tom's issues as well, I tend to blame the game, not drivers, because it seems kinda odd that drivers would affect a single game, yet work in many many many other games withut a problem. Blame the user, that's the easy way out, but I am blameing the game itself.

ynnek
08-11-07, 08:32 PM
did you try using the 158.22 drivers? Make sure you don't have AA forced on in control panel, that may mess things up.

Might want to check the sound settings, and try turning that down maybe?

Also, if you are OCing, try turning that off.

Don't forget about "silent majority".. Most people are probably playing this game just fine, and have no reason to post anything about it.

Demanufakture
08-11-07, 10:46 PM
Ok, maybe this will help. Go to www.ghostrecon.net and join the forums. Post your problem. Grin hangs out in those forums and helps us with GRAW and GRAW2. Hope this helps. The ghostrecon.net forums are mentioned in the credits of GRAW2 just so you know.