PDA

View Full Version : Quadro Drivers 162.50 (Aug 8th)

Zenoth
08-08-07, 09:06 PM
Anyone noticed them on NVIDIA.com ? Under the Quadro drivers section, they are dated today, August 8th, and there's a nice little list of fixes. They are for Vista 32-Bit, 64-Bit, and also XP 32-Bit and 64-Bit.

I'm pointing at them because I've tried Quadro drivers in the past for my GeForce 8 and I've never had any issues, but currently I am using the latest ForceWare drivers, 162.18. I was just wondering if anyone here was willing to give 'em a try for their GeForce and perhaps report back.

wrathofgod
08-08-07, 09:52 PM
I've heard that the GRAW 2 no shadows issue still hasn't been resolved although, I wasn't expecting the fix in a quadro driver.

I've already downloaded them and just about to test on my 8800 GTX. I will report back shortly.

7oPd4wG
08-08-07, 10:01 PM
well i have tryed them with guildwars and bf2 and I must say they are the best running performance and iq wise. The control panel opens immediately unlike the 163.11 and .16, no hdr settings in the control panel either which is all good by me. So far so good here on 32 bit vista ultimate

Unstable_Hero
08-08-07, 10:38 PM

3DMark Score 12492 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 5244 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 5126 Marks

CPU Score 4144 Marks

3DMark Score 12481 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 5167 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 5214 Marks

CPU Score 4103 Marks

Vista 64bit

wrathofgod
08-08-07, 10:50 PM
Tested in GRAW 2 single player mission (still no shadows) and Rainbow Six: Vegas. Working really well. Good FPS and nice IQ. To me, the IQ seems a bit better than the 162.18's. Seems crisper and colors are nicer.

Will be keeping these for now.

Windows XP & 8800 GTX

GeniusPr0
08-09-07, 12:32 AM
it says it fixes memory leak in some apps ;)

nekrosoft13
08-09-07, 12:57 AM
hows dx10 performance

btw, these are 4 days newer then 163.11

Luchou
08-09-07, 01:18 AM
it says it fixes memory leak in some apps ;)

Memory leak ocurs when rendering 3D volumes.

Maybe a solution for the alt-tab bug?, just maybe but I dont think so, anyway I will try this drivers...

m3dude
08-09-07, 01:20 AM
i love how people claim better iq with every new set of drivers. youd think nvidia would advertise this improved iq

Luchou
08-09-07, 01:25 AM
i love how people claim better iq with every new set of drivers. youd think nvidia would advertise this improved iq

Looks like quadro drivers iq > forceware drivers iq

RejZoR
08-09-07, 02:22 AM
Master placebo lmao...

nekrosoft13
08-09-07, 07:51 AM
installed these yesterday, so far the only thing i tested was images. Pictures open at normal speed, not slow like in 163.16.

later when i get home, i will try few games.

gstanford
08-10-07, 09:06 AM
Do they just install on GeForce cards, or do we need a modified .inf file?

SJA06
08-10-07, 09:09 AM
Master placebo lmao...

Indeed - If every driver produced the IQ improvement that's always claimed with each new release, our eye's would bleed just by looking at such sharp images on our screen…it’s nonsense - as are some of the massive performance increases someone always claims.

I bet, if they bother read them, the people that write these drivers must have a great laugh at all these numpty's - but I'm sure they have better things to do.

Thats not to say updating drivers is useless, it's just not worth it for most of the claims made for them. Read the release notes to see what the programmers have really done.

nekrosoft13
08-10-07, 09:17 AM
Do they just install on GeForce cards, or do we need a modified .inf file?

these will install fine, no modded inf required

gstanford
08-10-07, 11:26 AM
The drivers installed okay, but enabling SLI was weird (I use Win XP Pro x64, a 22" Benq FP222W and 2 640mb 8800 GTS on the system I tried the drivers on).

With the monitor connected via DVI the screen would go blank and stay blank when SLI was enabled (until the dialog times out and you revert back to single display mode).

I had to plug in a DVI to VGA adaptor and switch to the analog input on my monitor before SLI would enable correctly.

This could be a real nuisance on my main system since the monitor there lacks an analog input.

Haven't had a chance to test the driver out further yet.

wrathofgod
08-10-07, 07:28 PM
Master placebo lmao...

Indeed - If every driver produced the IQ improvement that's always claimed with each new release, our eye's would bleed just by looking at such sharp images on our screen…it’s nonsense - as are some of the massive performance increases someone always claims.

I bet, if they bother read them, the people that write these drivers must have a great laugh at all these numpty's - but I'm sure they have better things to do.

Thats not to say updating drivers is useless, it's just not worth it for most of the claims made for them. Read the release notes to see what the programmers have really done.

Compared to the previous drivers I had installed and my individual setup, these drivers give my system better IQ.

Get my point? You assume ppl are running the latest drivers prior to these. Each driver gives each system different results.

grey_1
08-10-07, 07:42 PM
these will install fine, no modded inf required
Yup, they installed fine for me.

So far, no profiles again..I still can't figure out why that happens.

FEARXP no longer crashes aero upon exit, but only the 162.22 did that.

I picked up 5-10 fps on the FEAR benchie, which is nice, but to back up wrathofgod's post above, no noticeable difference in IQ yet.

I still have to see if Dark Messiah still crashes on exit, keepers so far.

beardstroke
08-11-07, 01:17 AM
this fixed my alt-tab issue for Company of Heroes, thanks

I posted a topic about it in Geforce 7 / 8 forum

m3dude
08-11-07, 02:42 AM
Compared to the previous drivers I had installed and my individual setup, these drivers give my system better IQ.

Get my point? You assume ppl are running the latest drivers prior to these. Each driver gives each system different results.

yes nvidia drivers used procedural generation. every time u d/l a driver the code is procedurally generated to best suit your system

Zenoth
08-11-07, 04:11 PM
Ok, I tried them ...

Well in terms of IQ I see no difference compared to my previously installed drivers (162.18), and in terms of performance I haven't seen more than perhaps around two or three extra frames-per-second in some of my games.

What's more important though ... is that I can now Alt-Tab out of ANY games I've tried so far. I couldn't Alt-Tab out of Dark Crusade, Oblivion and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. before, but now with those drivers I can, and that's an important fix for me, because I am used to let a game run at its main menu when I'm not playing, so if I can now Alt-Tab out of it but let it run in the background, I can then resume my internet browsing activity or writing e-mail or watching a movie, and then when I feel like going back playing it I don't have to start it over and watch all the introduction logos ... hehe.

Eliminator
08-11-07, 09:28 PM
is the alt+tab bug still around?.... i just noticed it for the first time in doom 3 :(... it was running at like 0.1 FPS at one point after playing for about an hour

tomaceli
08-12-07, 11:25 PM
So good news for me :captnkill:
No more scaling issue and/or TV-Out problem with this driver set:)

First time I have no problem with a 1xx.xx serie!!

loafer87gt
08-13-07, 11:53 AM
TV out still broken on 8800GTX series. :( Still cannot playback fullscreen video on secondary display using S-Video.

DRen72
08-13-07, 02:05 PM
Profiles are still not saving with this set either. The recent release notes state the following...

Windows Vista 32-bit Issues (and 64-bit in this case)
Single GPU Issues
All GPUs

• Custom application profiles and changes to the default application profile settings are not saved across system reboots. [331330]