PDA

View Full Version : Memory Readout

Zapablast05
08-12-07, 02:19 AM
For some reason, I'm getting a different memory readout from systemrequirementlab.com when I look at the video card section. It reads out 246MB instead of 256MB but dxdiag reads out 1008. I know my GPU is 256MB and dxdiag reads out 1008MB because of RAM allocation. But why is the website reading out 246MB?

Zapablast05
08-13-07, 09:02 AM
bump

SlieTheSecond
08-13-07, 11:27 AM
Why? I don't know. I could take a stab at it and say because its just some website. Who ever made it calculated things differently. Maybe email the site owner and ask them?

Does it really matter though? You know what you have, why worry about what some website says you have. And I wouldn't go by that website anyways, some games are outdated on sys requirements.
Who ever makes the games and gives you the sys requirements is what you should go by.

Zapablast05
08-13-07, 02:07 PM
When I go to the desktop, right click, personalize, display settings, advanced settings, I get 246MB there also. Could it be possible that a bad clock damaged the card and caused the physical memory to resize it's self? If I did infact lose 10MB, they will make a huge difference in the long run, IMO.