PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Charging Halo 3 TAX

nekrosoft13
08-12-07, 02:50 PM
I was a little surprised to come across this information, but not too surprised. Best Buy has added what some are calling a “Halo 3″ tax to peripherals. With Halo 3 hype building, Best Buy has decided to charge $3 over MSRP for most Xbox 360 peripherals. We all know that when Halo 3 hits the shelves, peripherals are going to sell like hotcakes. I sincerely hope they reconsider charging this extra “tax”. As a consumer, I will not purchase anything from a retail chain when the price is above MSRP. Will this affect most consumers? Probably not. Most people would never notice a dollar or three here and there.

http://news.filefront.com/is-best-buy-really-the-best-buy/

http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bustbuy_vs_xbox_prices.gif

Lyme
08-12-07, 03:04 PM
Shop elsewhere :)

Madpistol
08-12-07, 04:08 PM
They always do this ****. They won't be getting my business for this game.

lIqUID
08-12-07, 04:30 PM
bleh Halo 3, just bleh...

side note whoa Madpistol you're in Hoover? I graduated from there in '95(first senior class :D), and live not too far from the Met still. It's cool to see a couple more Birminghamians on the boards (nana2)

nemecb
08-12-07, 07:48 PM
Meh, supply and demand. If people are stupid enough to pay above MSRP for this stuff then it's an ingenious move.

Tork64
08-12-07, 07:56 PM
I paid less than 15 dollars for the vga cable, same exact thing with the packaging and everything. What a ripoff.

Badboy_12345
08-13-07, 02:55 AM
Best buy will sell those peripherals like hotcakes beacuse there are ALOT of stupid people that just buy em. When I buy something I always look up where it is the cheapest on the net. Takes about 10 secs :bleh:

When my friend bought a lcd tv at a big store and told me the price I looked it up on the net and showed him where he could have gotten it 1000$ cheaper :lol:

nekrosoft13
08-13-07, 06:26 AM
Meh, supply and demand. If people are stupid enough to pay above MSRP

problem is people don't know they are paying more.

SavagePaladin
08-14-07, 12:13 AM
Anyone expecting Best Buy to play fair with peripherals clearly doesn't know much about Best Buy. They make jack on a lot of things (especially with their advertised deals) so they make it up by jacking the price of everything else up.

Seriously. You can make a 10ft ethernet cable for $3. You can buy it at Radio Shack for $8. You can buy it at Best Buy for $15 or more. (Not exact prices, but you get the idea.)

Anyone who actually goes to Best Buy is just asking to be suckered.