PDA

View Full Version : Help with dualview

Bladestorm
08-12-07, 10:19 PM
Quick question, how do I make a game play on just the 2nd monitor in a dualview setup? I've got two monitors hooked up to an 8800GTX, and want to play on the 2nd monitor.

Thanks

jcrox
08-12-07, 10:48 PM
go into the control panel, select set up multiple displays, #3 is selec tthe display you want to use as primary.

Bladestorm
08-12-07, 11:49 PM
That would work, but I don't want to use my 2nd monitor as the primary. It's not exactly right next to the other monitor either, it's about 15ft away. Isn't there a way to have a game displayed on the 2nd monitor while keeping the primary at the desktop?

wolfgar
08-13-07, 04:45 PM
Is one of the monitors hooked up with a DVI->HDMI converter cable? I've seen several post on other sites about windows not handling multi-monitor situations correctly unless both monitor DVI's are utilized. (VGA may work as well)

Note: I have not tried this myself. Just trying to rule out one possibility.

Please keep us informed to your progress. This is becoming more an issue as more of us go to dual monitors.

Bladestorm
08-14-07, 09:53 AM
I am not using a DVI to HDMI converter. I just have two DVI cables hooked up to the 8800GTX each going to their own monitor.

Quick420
08-14-07, 11:12 AM
That would work, but I don't want to use my 2nd monitor as the primary. It's not exactly right next to the other monitor either, it's about 15ft away. Isn't there a way to have a game displayed on the 2nd monitor while keeping the primary at the desktop?

To my knowledge no,the primary display will always display open apps and games etc.

I use my secondary for WMP while single player gaming,sli for online FTW

stncttr908
08-14-07, 01:14 PM
I don't think there is a way unfortunately. Oh well, World in Conflict dual screen FTW!