PDA

View Full Version : Crysis is lacking movable vegetation?

Pages : [1] 2

J-Mag
08-14-07, 01:30 PM
Being able to shoot trees down was undoubtedly cool and it could provide some new gameplay techniques, but there was one notable omission from the early demos. The vegetation didn't move when you walked through it; instead, it was static and it felt an awful lot like the vegetation in Far Cry - our guess is that it might still be a DirectX 10 feature, so we'll have to wait and see whether it's been culled completely, or just isn't included in the DirectX 9.0 version of Crysis.

I had noticed this earlier in some videos and I think a couple other members mentioned something as well.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/08/13/crysis_hands_on_preview/1

Mr_LoL
08-14-07, 01:33 PM
I think its just probably something in the settings that was disabled to improve performance.

Jonelo
08-14-07, 01:42 PM
This is the E3 demo and About the AI in this demo

http://pc.hardgame2.com/index.php?zone=fichas&mod=review&idf=77&id=2334

Eso sí, nos comentaron que, al ser una beta para que la gente probara el juego, habían deshabilitado gran parte de la IA para hacerlo más sencillo

it was a beta so that people proved the game, had turn off great part of the AI to make it simpler.

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 01:43 PM
I think it requires to have DX10 to have the moveable vegetation.

J-Mag
08-14-07, 01:44 PM
@Jonelo: IA? Do you mean to translate that as AI?

Destroy
08-14-07, 01:50 PM
Yeah alright!!! It's crunch time at Crytech studios and its chop chop with many of the features that looked so cool in the vids so the game can get done on time.

JohnDio
08-14-07, 01:50 PM
The movable vegetation is also available and in DX9. Just watch the "beach footage" . It has some areas with movable vegetation ;)

Jonelo
08-14-07, 02:05 PM
@Jonelo: IA? Do you mean to translate that as AI?

Sorry , in spanish is IA :banghead: . Is about the AI in the demo . The Bit-tech preview is about E3 demo .

J-Mag
08-14-07, 02:13 PM
Sorry , in spanish is IA :banghead: . Is about the AI in the demo . The Bit-tech preview is about E3 demo .

That's what I figured, Spanish tends to reverse word order to compared to English.

Anyway, what does the AI have to do with movable vegetation? I would think that they would be independent of each other.

Jonelo
08-14-07, 02:45 PM
The preview of Bittech speak about the AI bugs and issues ;)

Eliminator
08-14-07, 03:12 PM
I think it requires to have DX10 to have the moveable vegetation.
that would be really stupid... moving vegetation has been around since what DX6?

Marvel_us
08-14-07, 03:17 PM
Maybe they just still have not implemented it yet.

It's said that Uncharted for PS3 will have movable vegetation but they didn't get around to doing it yet. So I'm pretty sure it will be there for Crysis in the final build.

Blade
08-14-07, 03:21 PM
The vegetation in crysis will not move when a player brushes against it.

It may move under other circumstances such as trees moving in the wind & explosions like many other games, however i guarantee you your character or ai as individuals will not affect movement of vegetation such as leaf & branch movement.

Just my 0.5C

jcrox
08-14-07, 03:25 PM
They'll probably need to put out a whole bunch more videos and screen shots either confirming or denying this topic.

J-Mag
08-14-07, 03:29 PM
that would be really stupid... moving vegetation has been around since what DX6?

Maybe I should have said reactive vegetation, because by "movable" we mean that when the player comes in contact with a leaf it doesn't clip through.

This has not been done in any game I am aware of yet.

JohnDio
08-14-07, 05:06 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Go to Gametrailers and download the crysis_e32k7_devwalk videos. You can notice the movable vegetations in these videos,even in the start of the Part1 when the player is about to use his binoculars (the leaves of the bushes are moving cause he got real close to them). Just see it for yourself and stop arguing :p

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-14-07, 05:17 PM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1482/runningip8.gif

J-Mag
08-14-07, 05:17 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Go to Gametrailers and download the crysis_e32k7_devwalk videos. You can notice the movable vegetations in these videos,even in the start of the Part1 when the player is about to use his binoculars (the leaves of the bushes are moving cause he got real close to them). Just see it for yourself and stop arguing :p

What would that prove? Is it an extremely recent video that the devs said will be exactly like our retail copy?

I could show you a quake wars video with shock wave effects too, but they have been removed from the game...

JohnDio
08-14-07, 05:59 PM
What would that prove? Is it an extremely recent video that the devs said will be exactly like our retail copy?

I could show you a quake wars video with shock wave effects too, but they have been removed from the game...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. It's a real-time gameplay footage. It's the E3 2007 demo.

And regarding the QuakeWars. You don't have the final version,only the beta. And do i need to remind you how sh!ty Halo3 looked in it's beta stages? :p

3DBrad
08-14-07, 06:00 PM
I'm assuming to make the vegetation movable Crytek had to rig all the plants (that are movable), which I'm sure was a chore. :D

J-Mag
08-14-07, 06:26 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. It's a real-time gameplay footage. It's the E3 2007 demo.

Again this proves nothing. Crytek can easily take things out before the retail ships.

And regarding the QuakeWars. You don't have the final version,only the beta.

Exactly, and you can look at the e3 demo of Crysis as an alpha.

All I am saying is that things are not set in stone, unless Cervat has confirmed or denied it recently.

Also, why would bit-tech be concerned about it? Don't you think that the Crytek guys would have explained it to them in order to avoid bad press?

JohnDio
08-14-07, 07:24 PM
Again this proves nothing. Crytek can easily take things out before the retail ships.

Exactly, and you can look at the e3 demo of Crysis as an alpha.

All I am saying is that things are not set in stone, unless Cervat has confirmed or denied it recently.

Also, why would bit-tech be concerned about it? Don't you think that the Crytek guys would have explained it to them in order to avoid bad press?

Dude tell me,are you on crack or something? Do you know which level bit-tech played? The same damn level of the E3. So you don't even know these dudes but you're so easily believing them (because they have to say something negative) and you can't believe the real-time gameplay footage? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight,smells something real fishy with you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS: Cevat has stated in the past that there will be movable vegetation in both DX10 and DX9.........but i'm assuming you didn't even look for it,did you? :rolleyes:

jAkUp
08-14-07, 07:29 PM
The vegetation in crysis will not move when a player brushes against it.

It may move under other circumstances such as trees moving in the wind & explosions like many other games, however i guarantee you your character or ai as individuals will not affect movement of vegetation such as leaf & branch movement.

Just my 0.5C

Crytek showed many videos where the character affects the leaves and bushes.

J-Mag
08-14-07, 07:38 PM
PS: Cevat has stated in the past that there will be movable vegetation in both DX10 and DX9.........but i'm assuming you didn't even look for it,did you? :rolleyes:

Thanks for being a prick. :thumbsup: Have you even graduated high school yet?

Anyway, the former question was rhetorical, don't bother to reply to me again. Ever.

nutcrackr
08-14-07, 07:38 PM
it's probably just been removed while they work on optimising various parts of the game.