PDA

View Full Version : iPhone to battle Nintendo DS?

MaUiLoCaL
08-14-07, 01:45 PM
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article2252018.ece

Apple is set to use its iPhone take on Nintendo in the video games sector, according to the latest from the industry's rumour mill.

Games have been available on the iPhone since its hugely hyped launch last month.

However, a report in the New York Post today suggests that Apple has its sights firmly set on becoming a significant player in the market for “casual games” exploited by Nintendo’s phenomenally successful Wii and DS devices.

Ya freaking right.:rolleyes: For some reason I think it will be tough for these turtle neck dorks to pull this off.(crazy)

Zelda_fan
08-14-07, 06:14 PM
While I welcome Apple to develop some real games for the iPhone, there is no chance in hell it will compete against the DS.

And I bought an iPhone last week. Loving it. 100% worth the $647 (including tax) I paid for it.

BlobdusaColoXus
08-14-07, 06:18 PM
Helio > iPhone.

DS > Helio.

GBA > DS

Nintendo will create circular rings of urea around Apple Inc. in this department.

zoomy942
08-14-07, 06:26 PM
apple has no chance. zero.

MaUiLoCaL
08-14-07, 08:51 PM
I can just see it now...."Hi I'm a DS and I'm an iPhone"....(crazy)

bugmeplz
08-14-07, 09:01 PM
apple has no chance. zero.

i wouldnt put anything past Apple's crack marketing team. they are pure geniuses it seems..

MaUiLoCaL
08-14-07, 09:08 PM
i wouldnt put anything past Apple's crack marketing team. they are pure geniuses it seems..

There could not be a worse time to enter the handheld market. The Nintendo DS is selling through the roof and has sold nearly 45 million units worldwide. There is no way to keep up with that. And for another thing I don't see Mommy and Daddy buying 10 year old Johnny a $600 phone that "can play" games. The iPhone only has appeal to certain market and for that reason alone it can not succeed as a gaming device. I suppose if it just wants to be a peon competitor... Sony thought they struck gold with the PSP and the only thing they struck was a failed format (UMD) and bad sales.

nVJoe
08-14-07, 10:12 PM
Not going to happen.

The DS/Wii are successful because they target the "casual" gamer AND they are cheap.

The iPhone is definitely NOT cheap.
What kid will convince his parents to buy him a $500 hand-held gamer that is also a cell phone? That would just be brilliant... NOT!

Here is a screen shot of the new Gaming iPone.
http://allaboutsymbian.com/images/articleimages/ngage_redangle.jpg

ENU291
08-14-07, 11:39 PM
Wait a second... Apple is going to target the DS for the portable gaming crown?? Why don't they first start with computer gaming? AFAIK Apple computers are pretty pathetic when it comes to gaming so why would IPhone gaming be any different?

buffbiff21
08-15-07, 12:09 AM
What kid will convince his parents to buy him a $500 hand-held gamer that is also a cell phone? That would just be brilliant... NOT!

Here is a screen shot of the new Gaming iPone.
http://allaboutsymbian.com/images/articleimages/ngage_redangle.jpg
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Does the N-gage even exist anymore?